Home

Unable to play season 4, repeated problem

This is a discussion on Unable to play season 4, repeated problem within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2008, 03:36 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Unable to play season 4, repeated problem

I have had the same problem now for two seperately started seasons. It basically makes you unable to play past the year 2012. When I try to play the same random game, Preseason game 2 on my first save, and regular season 2 on my second save, the game will stop. When I try to sim, the game will just show waiting forever, and pressing start says waiting to complete tasks forever.
I started my second season after my first locked up, and have gone through now 2 playthroughs of 3 full seasons of play, and it is very disapointing that I cannot start a fourth. Am I the only person to have this problem? Am I the only person to have gone through 3 full seasons to get this bug? I have been a bit obssessed playing, so these seasons represent a great deal of time and effort. If this game is only capable of playing 3 seasons, the career mode is a waste.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2008, 03:42 AM   #2
TCF
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Unable to play season 4, repeated problem

i was about to post this because i can't seem to get past my game against the saints in year one of my chiefs chise.

i have to restart the entire career all over. i don't mind doing that i was thinking about it but still i found it odd that on Tuesd 11/11/2008 at 12pm nothing more happens i go to pause screen and it says completing tasks but nothing is going on. i can't even sim to the playoffs nothing happened. so i restarted.
Old 08-24-2008, 03:44 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

I played the Cowboys for both of my teams, and the Saints were where I was stuck on the first season, and the Browns on the second. The gametime for me that will not continue is 2 PM Sunday, and when I check standings I can see every game completed that day but mine, and the game coming on Monday.

EDIT:
To be clear, I have reloaded the game multiple times, and I have gone back to saves from 2-3 games before and the same games lock up. I have tried altering my roster, my philosophies, and traded random players to the other team, thinking perhaps they had a roster malfunction. Nothing worked. It seemed to me the game has some overflow problem with stats, or who knows what, and once it reaches that spot it is done.
I did reload the second franchise from a half a year before, at the time before the draft. I did a quick sim to the playoffs, and it did make it past the stop date, but when the roster was bugged and unplayable. It showed a full roster when I only had 42 players, and when I dropped one, I was still full. I will try it all again, it just makes me so sad to lose my game.

Last edited by IkebotXP; 08-24-2008 at 06:27 AM.
Old 08-24-2008, 10:22 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

I had the exact same problem after playing the saints. It didn't freeze, but wouldn't let me continue or sim ahead or anything. My game was in season 2 though.
Old 08-24-2008, 10:53 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 13

Boy, can't wait to play the Saints. . . .

Maybe there is some roster problem, where the other team doesn't have enough players or something?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2008, 11:31 AM   #6
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12

Can you manage to get past it by using the Sim To tab of the clipboard?
Old 08-24-2008, 12:01 PM   #7
TCF
Rookie

OVR: 7

i tried that and it wouldn' sim.
Old 08-24-2008, 01:59 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

No, wouldn't work

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »