Home

Help with Defense

This is a discussion on Help with Defense within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2008, 01:56 AM   #1
MVP

teambayern's Arena

OVR: 20
Help with Defense

Like most, I am having a love hate relationship with this game (mostly love). My most recent issue is with the Ravens pass defense. I can stuff anything on the ground, but teams glide through me in the air, especially when it matters most.

My most recent game, I drove down the field for a go ahead touchdown, only to see the Browns go all the way down the field in to win in the next drive. When they got the ball there were 47 seconds left. With 3 plays, they were on my 19 yard line. The next one, they were in. It took them only 30 seconds. I tried using prevent defenses, cover 3, cover 2, man, and especially zone blitz, but my dbs just seem so blasse. They make some nice hits right after the catch, but never make that first move. Please help
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2008, 01:59 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: Help with Defense

i dont think theres much you can do about it. sliders wont do a thing. they may be looking into this for the patch though, which would be great news.
Old 08-28-2008, 02:18 PM   #3
MVP

chuckm1961's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by teambayern
Like most, I am having a love hate relationship with this game (mostly love). My most recent issue is with the Ravens pass defense. I can stuff anything on the ground, but teams glide through me in the air, especially when it matters most.
I am seeing the exact same thing. I play as the Ravens, I can stuff the run most of the time, but I cringe on third down because no matter what I do, the other team seems to find open men down field and get a first.

Typical series on D:
first down -- stuff the run
second down and 12 -- stuff the run
third and 14 -- some shmo is wide open for 15 yards and a first down
Old 08-28-2008, 02:42 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 9

Happens to us all.
Old 08-28-2008, 02:46 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 7

Madden and HC have that cheating first down AI. They always get the exact yardage or maybe one extra yard when its 3rd and long. 3rd and 22? They complete it for 23 through the air a majority of the time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2008, 02:49 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

When I have a team 3rd and 20 they shouldn't convert all that often. However, the Bucs went 3 for 3 in those kinds of situations.

Each time there was a receiver ALL alone. No one within 10 yards of him. Thought it was my play calling and/or crap players. Maybe not though if it's everyone seeing it.
Old 08-28-2008, 02:53 PM   #7
MVP

chuckm1961's Arena

OVR: 12

Apparently, everyone is seeing it.
Old 08-28-2008, 03:58 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Everybody is seeing this, and as previously posted, it's epically likely to occur at the end of the first half, or end of the game. At about or around the four minute mark in the second-quarter and fourth-quarter, the AI comes alive and it's damn near impossible to stop them.

Just earlier I was winning 17-0, whippin' on the Texans all game long. Then the two minute warning came, I caught a pass, fumbled the ball, they scooped it up and take it all the way, touchdown 17-7.

Next possession, 1:44 left on the clock. Run (stuffed), run (stuffed), run (gain 5), punt (they had all of their timeouts and used them consecutively). They break off a 30 yard return on a weak 40 yard punt and are at their own 45 yard-line. First play from scrimmage is over the middle to Andre Johnson, two broken tackles later he's taking it all the way for a touchdown. 17-14.

For whatever reason they decide to kick it deep however, and I successfully run out the clock to win the game.

But I'm sure you get the point, this stuff happens at least once out of every two or three games to me. And the computer, even when the game is way out of reach will score once or twice before the game is over, no matter what you do.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »