Home

Glitch when Dismissing Penalties

This is a discussion on Glitch when Dismissing Penalties within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2008, 11:27 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 11
Glitch when Dismissing Penalties

Josh et. al.

Don't know if anyone has reported this or not yet but most (not every) of the time when you dismiss the "Penalty" action it forces the CPU to decline the penalty.

I've had this happen many times throughout my first 15 games in my 1st year where I'll get a PI called against me and I'll quickly dismiss the Penalty action item and the CPU team will decline it and sometimes it's penalties they should not even be able to decline like false starts.

It has happened many times so I'm sure that it is a glitch (yeah I feel a little guilty) but if you need specifics, I'll start writing down the situations for you each time it happens.

Let me know.

Oh, one last question...will the stand-alone have the patch installed, or will it have the same bugs?

If it is fixed, I'm going to buy it instead of waiting for the patch...lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2008, 09:05 AM   #2
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Glitch when Dismissing Penalties

I've noticed this too. It's especially glaring when I return a kickoff for a TD, get called for holding, and the CPU declines the penalty.
Old 08-28-2008, 10:19 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

I've had that happen before also, including the cpu punting on 2nd down with 2 seconds left before halftime, instead of taking a field goal.
Old 08-28-2008, 10:20 AM   #4
Rookie

Weird, I've been dismissing penalties against me (theres about a 3 second loading wait for the ref to come up and tell you what the penalty is so its quicker to just dismiss and skip that) and I haven't seen what you are talking about, and often I was hoping that the AI might ignore my OLines holding on the 70 yard run since im such a good guy.

I have seen that if you dismiss penalties on your opponent it auto-declines (or maybe it was just a mistake by my coaches... I sure hope not!)

As far as the standalone game, I can't imagine that they would have a disc noticeably different than the disc that was in the madden CE. Not to mention the patch isnt ready yet. The standalone buyers will have to download the patch like everyone else!
Old 08-28-2008, 11:06 AM   #5
TCF
Rookie

OVR: 7

haven't noticed it. but then again i don't dismiss the penalties
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2008, 03:48 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeg
I've noticed this too. It's especially glaring when I return a kickoff for a TD, get called for holding, and the CPU declines the penalty.
Yup, that's one of the main ones. Anytime you get a holding penalty on a return, just dismiss it and the CPU declines it.
Old 08-28-2008, 04:15 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloeyEZ
Yup, that's one of the main ones. Anytime you get a holding penalty on a return, just dismiss it and the CPU declines it.
Yeah just happened to me on a KR for a TD lol..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »