Home

I got fired in year 3 after rebuilding the Bengals lol

This is a discussion on I got fired in year 3 after rebuilding the Bengals lol within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2008, 05:11 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
I got fired in year 3 after rebuilding the Bengals lol

This game is harder then I thought and has been alot of fun even with the issues it has. Anyways the coolest thing I have saw so far is when I was fired after making the playoffs the first 2 seasons. Then in year 3 I made a promise to win the Superbowl. I noticed my good plays I used in years 1&2 seemed to get shut down in year 3 and we went 7-9 and I was fired. John Gruden left Tamabay after his back to back superbowl wins there at the end of year 2 and he replaced me. He then took my Bengals that I built up and won the Superbowl in his first season as there new Head Coach. lol Anyone else got some good stories to share?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2008, 06:41 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: I got fired in year 3 after rebuilding the Bengals lol

I decided to take on the coaching job in Chicago as a created coach. I decided to go with the Mike Martz offense and the Steve Spagnuolo defense because I had success with them when I was the Phins (b4 i was hit w/ the injury bug).

Anyway, my first season as Bears coach, with the lovely trio of Kyle Orton, Rex Grossman and an undrafted QB named Larry Drain (who i had success with in Miami) went 4-12 and, much to my dismay, finished only bad enough for the 5th overall pick, i think it was a 3-13 team and 4 4-12 teams lol. My approval was down to about 12 if i remember right and the owner decided to give me one more chance. That offseason, I accepted the Giants offer and acquired Mario Manningham, and after not being able to trade up for Luke Rambis, I traded down to the 22nd pick and drafted Jared May from Eastern Michigan to be my QB. He won offensive rookie of they ear, leading my Bears to a 14-2 record and the NFC Championship game against the NY Giants. It was extremely low scoring (3-0 at the half, i was winning). However, as the 4th quarter began to end, the Giants pulled ahead by 7 with 1:15 seconds left. A great return from Hester got me to my own 45 and after a few plays, May got me to the 35. However, 2 sacks later, i called my last timeout with 6 seconds left, 4th and long from the 50. May threw up a hail mary to Manningham who made the catch at the 3 yard line, stiffarmed the safety, and fell into the endzone and forced OT. I ended up winning with a field goal after about 3 possessions.

I went on to win the Super Bowl, and then followed it up with May winning NFL MVP the next season and leading us to another. I could not believe that I somehow won that game against the Giants. I don't think I've ever been so excited over a video game.
Old 08-28-2008, 07:11 PM   #3
Rookie

tylerd02's Arena

OVR: 3

Awesome stories guys.
Old 08-28-2008, 09:38 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 25

lol thanks for sharing your story

i said it before i'll say it again.. the details make this game, one of my story is short but this is when i first noticed it..

it was a regular game.. my team was down by 6 points and the other team had the ball under 2 minutes..

my LB sacked the QB but the sack was so vicious i instant replayed it..

and in slow-mo.. right after the sack.. the guy who got the sack got up and instead of celebrating.. immediately motioned for the T

I was laughing because that was my reaction in real time when the play happened.. "oh sack! timeout, timeout!!"

Old 08-28-2008, 11:01 PM   #5
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

I call that the Schottenheimer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2008, 02:55 AM   #6
TCF
Rookie

OVR: 7

great stories guys.. i haven't completed my first season yet.
Old 08-29-2008, 08:25 AM   #7
All Star

OVR: 33

Trying to rebuld falcons, got fired in the 4th year. This game is dam hard building a headcoach from scratch.

With colts i went 26-2 in two season. First season 19-0, second season 17-2 lost in the superbowl. Felt it was too easy with such an unbelievable coaching system.

Rebuilding is really fun in head coach!
Old 08-29-2008, 12:07 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboywes
This game is harder then I thought and has been alot of fun even with the issues it has. Anyways the coolest thing I have saw so far is when I was fired after making the playoffs the first 2 seasons. Then in year 3 I made a promise to win the Superbowl. I noticed my good plays I used in years 1&2 seemed to get shut down in year 3 and we went 7-9 and I was fired. John Gruden left Tamabay after his back to back superbowl wins there at the end of year 2 and he replaced me. He then took my Bengals that I built up and won the Superbowl in his first season as there new Head Coach. lol Anyone else got some good stories to share?

LMAO

First you picked the Bengals *scratchs head*.... then you take them to the playoffs 2 years in a row. go 7-9 in the third year and they fired you ? HAHAHA

If you were the real coach of the Bengals and took them to the Playoffs 2 years in a row, you would have a key to the city and a street named after you. If you made it the 4th year after a 7-9 season you would get a big bronze statue in down town Cincinnati !!!

If you wouldve won a Super Bowl... god only knows what you wouldve gotten from that city..... Never pay tax's again... LOL

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »