Home

Rant Vent Whine Whatever

This is a discussion on Rant Vent Whine Whatever within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2008, 12:04 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 25
Re: Rant Vent Whine Whatever

in my chise this is what i wrote bout my game against the pats

Reg Season Week 5
Patriots 3-0 vs 49ers 1-3

..you know, I wonder how many rl teams are already beaten before even stepping on the field against the Patriots because of their "aura".

Leading up to this week.. I was a mess wondering how the hell was I going to stop them. Literally.. all I could think of was how? how?? ...I was already beat before even taking the field!

I remembered my last game against Reggie Bush and the Saints and even though I beefed up my DLine a bit.. it wasn't enough. so coming into this game against the undefeated Patriots.. I made even more roster moves.

Switched OLB J. Smith to a LE position which switched is OVR to 90
switched LOLB Manny Lawson to a ROLB spot to fill in where Justin left off..

hoping that these moves beef up my defense a bit more for the coming onslaught!

Game Result
Linden Hill, Aug 24, 2008

Post Game Thoughts:
-it was close.. very close it was only 13-3 at halftime and the Patriots' only touchdown came after a blown play was returned for an INT TD.. the 2nd half is the problem, specially the 4th qtr

-Frank Gore broke his 150+ yd rush production in 3 consecutive games.. but that's to be expected against this Patriots defense I guess

-entering the 4th qtr, it was 13-10 .. but my team simply imploded.. maybe it's the youth showing and lack of experience or maybe it's just me not preparing them enough but 3 turnovers and couldn't stop anyone lead to a blowout score after running with the Patriots for 3 qtrs

they are crazy good.. and yes i love the realism that we actually feel nervous even before playing them.. lol how's that for REALISM
Old 09-02-2008, 07:18 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh_Looman
In the context of our game, they are near perfect. Almost every one of their players has every play mastered, they have coaches that give them tremendous boosts and they are talented.

The Colts are very close to being as good as they are. Great coaches, mastered playbook and talent. That's how you dominate.
lol, the pats are 4-9 and the colts are 13-0 in my first career season. I'm winning the Div at 9-4 (oh, Bills I be)
Old 09-02-2008, 09:03 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4

One season in my career with the Browns I blew the Patriots out 50 something to 10 in the regular season, but lost by three in a playoff rematch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2008, 05:15 PM   #12
TCF
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh_Looman
In the context of our game, they are near perfect. Almost every one of their players has every play mastered, they have coaches that give them tremendous boosts and they are talented.

The Colts are very close to being as good as they are. Great coaches, mastered playbook and talent. That's how you dominate.
but josh the other too is that they have one of the oldest lb groups and are not as fast in real life as what the video game has them.

you also say that the players have every play mastered, but if we are starting from the beginning shouldn't we all be on the same level? i could see during time how much faster it would be for them to master plays?

colts i did beat in a very good game.

all in all i am surprised to even find this many people posting in this just wanted to vent.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »