Home

Health and Fatigue

This is a discussion on Health and Fatigue within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2008, 02:13 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 8
Health and Fatigue

Can someone explain this screen to me? When it pops up during the week, I see that some of my players are a little tired and some have like 75% health.

Setting someone as Inactive on this screen doesn't seem to do anything for me as far as getting them to recover heath or fatigue. In fact, it looks like they still practice based on the decrease in fatigue.

How do I hold a guy out of practice so he regains health and fatigue without canceling practice for the whole team?

Also, why do some of my guys never get healthy? I have some guys at like 77% health for the season. They never get any better. I still have guys getting hurt and coming off the injury list, so I don't think I have the bug everyone talks about.

I only ever have guys listed as probable in this screen as well. Never questionable, doubtful, or out. I have two guys on IR this season.

I just don't understand this screen very much at all. Can someone explain it to me better so it actually make some sense?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2008, 07:07 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Health and Fatigue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewto16
Can someone explain this screen to me? When it pops up during the week, I see that some of my players are a little tired and some have like 75% health.

Setting someone as Inactive on this screen doesn't seem to do anything for me as far as getting them to recover heath or fatigue. In fact, it looks like they still practice based on the decrease in fatigue.

How do I hold a guy out of practice so he regains health and fatigue without canceling practice for the whole team?

Also, why do some of my guys never get healthy? I have some guys at like 77% health for the season. They never get any better. I still have guys getting hurt and coming off the injury list, so I don't think I have the bug everyone talks about.

I only ever have guys listed as probable in this screen as well. Never questionable, doubtful, or out. I have two guys on IR this season.

I just don't understand this screen very much at all. Can someone explain it to me better so it actually make some sense?
First, realize that tired and unhealthy (those with slight injuries) are more likely to be significantly injured.

So, use this screen to sit players during practices that you want to rest and get their fatigue up before a game or their next practice.

I know one of the devs wrote about this elsewhere, but my understanding is if memory serves, is that health does not change except at the end of the season.

So use this screen to rest tired players so they have less risk of injuring themselves.
Old 09-03-2008, 08:51 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloeyEZ
First, realize that tired and unhealthy (those with slight injuries) are more likely to be significantly injured.

So, use this screen to sit players during practices that you want to rest and get their fatigue up before a game or their next practice.

I know one of the devs wrote about this elsewhere, but my understanding is if memory serves, is that health does not change except at the end of the season.

So use this screen to rest tired players so they have less risk of injuring themselves.
The issue I have is that when I get the Health screen before a practice, if I choose to sit someone, it doesn't seem to matter. It seems like they practice anyway.

I've sat lots of people for a practice and their fatigue still goes down.
Old 09-03-2008, 10:38 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

I've noticed this as well. Inactivating a guy the morning of a practice doesn't force him to sit out. Looking at his fatigue ratings the next day, they actually get worse as if he practiced anyway.
Old 09-03-2008, 11:45 AM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewto16
The issue I have is that when I get the Health screen before a practice, if I choose to sit someone, it doesn't seem to matter. It seems like they practice anyway.

I've sat lots of people for a practice and their fatigue still goes down.
Sorry, I haven't seen this, in fact in my 2nd to last game of the season, I accidentally told the trainer to sit out a few guys who had low fatigue and there were no more practices that week so they were benched for the game

So it definitely works, are you sure you aren't looking at the health? Because the health does not change unless they are injured or at the end of the season. If I understand the devs correctly, health is a "wear & tear" attribute that only changes (barring injuries) at the end of each season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2008, 11:48 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 7

I've had a few guys marked as inactive that still practiced and lost fatigue and health. You can tell they practice from the practice recap screen "Top 5 Health Lost" tab. Doesn't seem to happen all the time, but who knows.
Old 09-03-2008, 11:52 AM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix-Monkey
I've had a few guys marked as inactive that still practiced and lost fatigue and health. You can tell they practice from the practice recap screen "Top 5 Health Lost" tab. Doesn't seem to happen all the time, but who knows.
interesting, I don't sit a lot of people out so I may be missing the glitch, but it killed me when the "one" time I do decide to bench people for low fatigue, there were no more practices so they were benched for the game lol... still won though
Old 09-03-2008, 01:19 PM   #8
Rookie

Well a prime example is my kicker. I never practice special teams, and I sit my kicker every single practice, yet his fatigue just goes down further and further each day.

It doesn't matter who I list as Inactive, they just seem to practice regardless.

I have to cancel practice if I have guys with really low fatigue and/or health.

Why can't I just sit them out?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »