Home

What team should I be?

This is a discussion on What team should I be? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2008, 03:43 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: What team should I be?

I feel your pain SloeyEZ. I have done the look away while scrolling method as well as flipping coins in a tournament style selection process. I liked the contract thing too, I seem to get overwhelmed with the selections.

I went with the realistic method where I chose a team that had a real head coach in 2008. I took over the Falcons in the offseason. I decided to go with a team that was a rebuilding case, once this career is over I'll probably try the Redskins.
Old 09-10-2008, 06:04 PM   #18
Rookie

Hokie200proof's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: What team should I be?

If you want a real challenge be the Redskins. I am a lifelong Redskin fan and every year I have to suffer the faults of its leadership in the EA games.

You can't make a single move to improve the team because EVERYONE has a 6mil bonus or higher!!! It is unbelievable. I'm surprised Deion Sanders isn't still on the payroll or cap penalty screen.

The team is untalented AND it's right on the cap. No room to move at all. Try winning the Super Bowl with them, I dare you.

2008 is a cap disaster. You at least need to cut Brunell to give yourself any room to manuver, which in turn puts a bind on 2009 with the 3+mil cap penalty you need to pay.

To even financially survive it was tough, let alone try and make the playoffs. Chris Samuels ended up getting a 5-6 month broken leg and it was a godsend. I could put him on the IR and sign three/four free agents for what he was making in 2008 alone.

Also, I am a VT alumn and a much bigger college fan than I am pro fan (I'd love to see a college head coach game... THAT would be sweet). Every time I get a new Madden I try to get as many Hokies on my current team as I can. To do this you have to trade. If you're the Redskins you'll quickly realize:

1) they have practically no one to trade. Jon Jansen is about it, the only guy with ovr 85+ and no cap penalty. There are others but you'll have a tough time trading in general.

2) the highest paid player on the team is freaken Mark Brunell at an awesome 71 ovr... zero trade value.

I tried to draft all of the Hokies in the 2008 team and when it was done I realized:

3) you can't even afford to sign a normal draft class with the skins.

That's right... even if you want to improve the team, you'll need to fall on a grenade to do it. You'll need to sacrafice your cap in 2009 so you can add some talent in 2008. You'll need to trade away half of your team just to move the cap around. Unreal.

It's truly amazing how well HC spells out that Redskin leadership has no freaken clue what they're doing. I'm in the bye week of the playoffs having won the NFC East, going 14-2 with almost all rookies/sophomore talent. Portis, Sammuels and Landry are the only players of note still left on the team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »