Home

Old 09-06-2008, 01:06 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Gameplay

Ive read with interest peoples posts and comments - and about the patch (oh please oh please oh please release it soon).

I cant tell you how to fix the game - I dont write programming or understand how a game engine is built. I do love the idea of the game - and there's a lot to like - but there's lots of stuff that just baffles me. I am in sales - if I tried to sell a product as unpolished as this I'd starve !!! EA SPorts is benefiting from fans (like me) who are going to buy the product based on the desire ... rather than on the merit of the game. Here's a list of some things that come to mind:

- It's sort of slow and clunky at times. Like the penalties in the game - it slows everything down too much. The emotional reaction .... why not just flip it up? +1 ... -3 .... +5 etc. Yes there are some reactions from multiple people but there must be a way. end of quarters? just chunky ... it's like being on a commadore 64 again. Audibles/adjustments, again too slow.

- Game day play : Clock doesnt count down between play calls. If I choose fast I can get the next play off with a delay of about 4-6 seconds off the play clock. I'd rather play longer Q's - but then have the clock simulate real time a little more. . . . There are times when you feel like you are managing a real team and your choices on offense and defense make a difference ... other times it doesn't matter what you do at all. (I just had a game vs the chargers - the ONLY def call that stopped them was a 3-4 man blitz sending 3LB's and the DL to blitz ... it stopped the run and the pass ALL GAME ... as soon as I called ANY other playcall they picked up 6 yds running and 12-16yds passing ... and that was with me calling an appropriate def to the play call) ... Health and Fatigue are WAY out of whack.

- The fumbles have been discussed ... but on the patch thread it says "due to fatigue... Jamal Lewis has fumbled the first play of the last 2 games ! AND .... when you are subbing players in and out to keep them fresh - dont you think it would be better to be able to choose more than "2nd string" etc? How about giving us individual choices?

- Roster navigation .... its too clumsy. Why not be able to look at the depth chart AND be able to look at a players details/contract/trade him etc ??? It took me forever to work out how to cut someone cozI went scrolling though my depth chart to determine who was expendable ... but you cant release them from there ... why ???

- I guess some of the little stuff is well known - asking to play injured players in preseason as a goal ... player knowledge goals for people you are going to cut.

Anyway ... I like the game. Some of the 'glitches' are disappointing for a product (injury/play create bug) but I am hoping it will be resolved with a patch very soon.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2008, 01:42 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Gameplay

how did you figure out how to cut players?
Old 09-06-2008, 05:31 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtspit
how did you figure out how to cut players?
Just go to Roster, an pick a player (X) I think on PS3, and it brings up a couple of things including release player.
Old 09-07-2008, 12:44 AM   #4
TCF
Rookie

OVR: 7

you have valid points. but this game is 100 times better than the previous version. there are developers for the game who do post here. and they have answered many questions.
Old 09-08-2008, 01:37 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 11

just so you know, you can substitute individual players by pressing x(360) in the playcalling screen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2008, 05:28 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGH888
- Roster navigation .... its too clumsy. Why not be able to look at the depth chart AND be able to look at a players details/contract/trade him etc ??? It took me forever to work out how to cut someone cozI went scrolling though my depth chart to determine who was expendable ... but you cant release them from there ... why ???
Navigation overall is "clumsy" at best...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »