Home

Playbook Editor

This is a discussion on Playbook Editor within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2008, 04:53 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 11
Playbook Editor

Josh:

I'm trying to find a "workaround" for not being able to create a playbook from scratch. So I've created a custom playbook and saved it. Now, I'm going through that playbook and removing all plays from all the formations (which I don't have control over, I picked the playbook that had the set of formations that were closest to what I would like) but I can not remove all the plays.

I get a message that says "Can not remove this play it is the last play of a key group."

However, some formations like Goal, I was able to remove all the plays and leave an empty playbook for that formation. (Which is what I'm trying to do for the whole playbook.)

Is there any logic you can tell us as to what plays are "key" and can not be removed? Is it based on the formation at all? Is there a playbook out there that every play can be removed?

Please advise. As I and others have said before, it is a shame you can't just start a playbook from scratch saying I want these three formations and these basic plays and then add to it after the fact like the game currently does. I like the concept of stealing plays to add to your playbook. I just want to be able to start with my "base" playbook.

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2008, 05:16 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Playbook Editor

oooops

so ummm...those formations where I was able to delete all the plays are now gone from my playbook Now I'm stuck with a playbook that has only gun, hail mary, single back and I. Speaking of the I formation. There are plays in there that would (and this is part of the problem with the playbook system) appear to be goal line formation. However, I will make an educated guess and say that it is actually an I-big formation with 2 TE... but again, still a problem since that would actually be a different formation and not a true I.

This game is so f#&#!! GOOD... it makes you want so much more lol
Old 09-07-2008, 10:11 PM   #3
Rookie

Kingfish's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Playbook Editor

Hey...what I do is clear out all the crap from the book as much as you can. Usually get it down to one or two formations with 1-2 plays in them and thats it.

Then I go to select plays by (the lower of the two options...name eludes me now...is it type?), and then cycle through and pick the formation(s) I want and go from there.

I start with two formations and 4 running plays and 6 passes TOTAL(plus all the special team stuff that you have to have). I run a POWER running game and "up-the-gut" is my play of choice 60-80% of the time followed with a PA based off those plays...its great!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »