Home

September 8th Roster Update Details...

This is a discussion on September 8th Roster Update Details... within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2008, 03:06 PM   #73
Chi-Town Hustla

deebo2246's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: September 8th Roster Update Details...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh_Looman
yes. I was told they both went live as of about 2:40 pm.
Thanks alot now I can get started with revamping my Bears. Josh don't you think Forte is faster than Jones?
Old 09-09-2008, 05:52 PM   #74
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

Fellows just a quick question. Can you start the game from the beginning and carry one season that you created and also have a 2nd Franchise using these new roster update? So basically your personal Franchise and one that mimmicks the real NFL season. Thanks fellows
Old 09-10-2008, 09:47 AM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh_Looman
yes. I was told they both went live as of about 2:40 pm.
Josh -

couple questions / commments

I fired up the PS3 last night about 10 est, i'm wireless and connected; but no auto updates? I didn't think i needed to manually go online to download?

Latest ETA on the other patches (injury/play creator, etc)?

Also drives me crazy that the time-out indicators are very, very difficult to make out / no other inidicator of how many you have left. Could at least at parenthesis with numbrer left . What do you think?

I also had a comment on another thread about audibles, should be able to do that, especially when on defense.

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2008, 09:57 AM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSKYWALKER1
Fellows just a quick question. Can you start the game from the beginning and carry one season that you created and also have a 2nd Franchise using these new roster update? So basically your personal Franchise and one that mimmicks the real NFL season. Thanks fellows
Sure you can run as many franchises as you want, but (IMPORTANT!) rather than using the auto save to initially save your second franchise, save it by going through the start menu and choose a name to give your other franchise(s), then you can autosave all you want. Also make sure that you start in the preseason rather than in the offseason to actually take advantage of these new rosters.

if you use the autosave for your initial save it will probably overwrite your personal franchise.

Now whether or not it it will mimic the real NFL season? hehe that all depends on if Tom Brady gets hurt in week 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddhaman
Josh -

I fired up the PS3 last night about 10 est, i'm wireless and connected; but no auto updates? I didn't think i needed to manually go online to download?

I dont know the steps for the PS3 but for the 360 I had to be signed into live, go through the online section of the main game menu and from there (i dont recall the menu option offhand) there is an option inside that menu to download rosters. Might be a few submenu's deep. But it did not happen automatically, you have to manually download these rosters. I did have to create an EA Nation account or whatever to download the rosters but that was quick and painless and just needs an email address.

The last thing I read about the patch is its a few weeks testing after it gets finished and sent in. I would assume one of the EA guys will post when its done (should be nearly done now imo) and then add about two weeks and theres your patch. The devs have said multiple times that the patch will update your currently running franchises without the need for a restart so I wouldnt hold off on starting a franchise just because you are waiting on the patch unless you just really really want to use the play creator in the preseason.

Last edited by MeSlayer; 09-10-2008 at 09:59 AM.
Old 09-10-2008, 10:08 AM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 1

thanks slayer - have you found any plays with a reverse to wide receiver yet or hb option pass???
Old 09-10-2008, 10:16 AM   #78
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
thanks slayer - have you found any plays with a reverse to wide receiver yet or hb option pass???
check the spread option playbook

they have a handful of WR sweeps based out of the shotgun (its a running shotgun, 2 TE 2 RB/FB and 1 WR) one of them where the WR sweep turns into a pass play by the WR. In my franchise I would just quicksub in mcfadden in that formation as the WR since hes pretty much all purpose and can throw "okay". I couldnt get the WR to pass it to anyone downfield but the qb, who then gets destroyed, with any regularity. It could just have been the defense i was facing. They are more end arounds then reverses I guess but the term reverse is kind of gray today in that regard.

There is also an option play out of that formation that has the WR coming across the backfield in motion who is the option for the pitch. There is also a handy dandy play action pass out of that formation that fakes it to the WR and looks for a TE.

I like all of them for a nice changeup. I'm a fan.

Last edited by MeSlayer; 09-10-2008 at 10:23 AM. Reason: be a lot easier when i fix typos to not make more typos that need fixing
Old 09-10-2008, 10:53 AM   #79
NFL Head Coach '09 Lead Designer

OVR: 18

Quote:
Josh -

Also drives me crazy that the time-out indicators are very, very difficult to make out / no other inidicator of how many you have left. Could at least at parenthesis with numbrer left . What do you think?

I also had a comment on another thread about audibles, should be able to do that, especially when on defense.

Thanks
You have to download them manually.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »