Home

Chicago Bears Report

This is a discussion on Chicago Bears Report within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2008, 10:05 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: Chicago Bears Report

WEEK 6

The Bears take their record to 3-3 beating the Atlanta Falcons on the road 42-30. Rookie QB: M. Ryan threw 3 Int's in the 2nd half, giving the Bears a short field to work with.

HB: M. Forte was held in check by the Falcons defense. Forte had only 37 yards on the ground on 20 carries.

Bears defense gave up another 100 yards on the ground to their opponent. That's the 4th 100 yard game they gave up to a single HB.

STATS

BEARS: 42 - FALCONS: 30

Bears Passing:
R. Grossman: 75OVR (Overall stayed at 75)
(13 of 20 for 128yds / 1TD / 1 Int / 65%)

Falcons Passing:
M. Ryan: 84OVR
(25 of 41 for 379yds / 2TD / 3 Int /60%)

Bears Rushing:
M. Forte: 83OVR (Went up from 82 to 83)
(20 carries for 37yds / 1TD / 1.8)

R. Dayne: 71OVR (Stayed at 71)
(2 carries for 5yds / 0TD / 2.5)

Falcons Rushing:
M. Turner: 80OVR
(35 carries for 116yds / 2TD / 3.3)
Old 09-12-2008, 01:23 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 3

Funny to compare my Bears season to yours. I got lit up by McNabb too-he actually passed for over 500 (!) yards against me.

My running backs fumbled a ton. I think we had around 15 as a unit. Can't wait for that patch.

How are your sack totals for the Bears D? Mine were a little on the low side.
Old 09-12-2008, 01:24 AM   #19
Banned

WEEK 7

It was a stormy rainy day in Chicago where the Vikings took on the Bears. Both teams OC called pasing plays most of the game. The Bears found that out of character, especially since the Viks have AP.

R. Grossman was on par throwing a season high of 7 ints, and a QB rating of 27.6. Vikings handed the Bears their 4th loss for the season, bring their record to 3-4.

After the game Lovie Smith was asked why he left Grossman in after throwing 4 ints before the half. "I wanted to see how much more he can stink up the field".

(What i didn't like about this game was that both teams throw the ball almost on every play all the way to the 3rd quarter with little running plays. Since i let my OC call all my plays, I continued to let him do it. I just didn't like that both teams called passing, when they both have a good running game.)

(Maybe the bad weather (Rain) had something to do with the play calling.)

STATS

VIKINGS: 33 - BEARS: 21

Bears Passing:
R. Grossman: 75OVR (Overall stayed at 75)
(13 of 42 for 196yds / 2TD / 7 Int / 35%)

Vikings Passing:
T. Jackson: 77OVR
(27 of 41 for 313yds / 1TD / 2 Int /65%)

Bears Rushing:
M. Forte: 84OVR (Went up from 83 to 84)
(15 carries for 98yds / 0TD / 6.5)

R. Dayne: 71OVR (Stayed at 71)
(1 carries for -1yds / 0TD / -1.0)

Vikings Rushing:
A. Peterson: 79OVR
(20 carries for 53yds / 0TD / 2.6)

T. Jackson: 77OVR
(8 carries for 43yds / 0TD / 5.3)

C. Taylor: 76OVR
(4 carries for 10yds / 0TD / 2.5)

Last edited by claystone; 09-12-2008 at 05:02 PM.
Old 09-12-2008, 01:27 AM   #20
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJColossal
Funny to compare my Bears season to yours. I got lit up by McNabb too-he actually passed for over 500 (!) yards against me.

My running backs fumbled a ton. I think we had around 15 as a unit. Can't wait for that patch.

How are your sack totals for the Bears D? Mine were a little on the low side.

My sacks are low also. I have 10 sacks going into week 8, but i have 10 ints.
Old 09-12-2008, 01:45 AM   #21
Pro

OVR: 11

did you franchise tag briggs? if so are you planning on re-signing him after the season or are you gonna try to resign harris? or both?

personally, i franchised briggs but i am not going to re-sign him. i did re-sign harris, and now i have about 15 mil in cap space left. i might re-sign kruetz though...hes only asking for about 3 mil a year. my GM wants me to re-sign all 3...yeah right.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2008, 01:53 AM   #22
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guggy107
did you franchise tag briggs? if so are you planning on re-signing him after the season or are you gonna try to resign harris? or both?

personally, i franchised briggs but i am not going to re-sign him. i did re-sign harris, and now i have about 15 mil in cap space left. i might re-sign kruetz though...hes only asking for about 3 mil a year. my GM wants me to re-sign all 3...yeah right.
reading this post just made me imagine if we were all playing the same season we could actually be doing trade negotiations here.

I wonder if there is any way possible to have leagues where each of us is a HC. That would be soooo cool. Unfortunately, I just don't think it's logistically possible
Old 09-12-2008, 02:07 AM   #23
Pro

i was thinking about that the other day too. it would be difficult though since the game takes place in "real time". i guess it might be possible if everyone agreed to be online at the same time, that way everyone would see the free agents come up at the same time, etc...

theyd probably have to simplify the schedule (ie remove thursday games), but that wouldnt be a big deal. the biggest issue would be getting everyone online at the same time. i suppose anyone not online could have everything delegated to thier GM...
Old 09-12-2008, 02:13 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 3

One thing is for sure, i started a bears career. Not going so well.

Draft was nice but I am in cap hell cause of benson ( i signed barber ) and rookie QBs look like rookie QBs. I think Flacco has 10 completions in 60 attempts so far lol

( i super sim )

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »