Home

Spoiler THe Ozzie Jones Draft

This is a discussion on Spoiler THe Ozzie Jones Draft within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2008, 04:26 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Spoiler THe Ozzie Jones Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkebotXP
I figured it out, I was doing the 2008 draft when I started each time. Dang, I want Darren Mcfadden on the Cowboys!
I will try out the new roster on my next go around and enjoy new drafts.
That's not it either. I have started at the 2008 draft on two different occasions, with the same team, and I have seen two different draft classes.
Old 09-24-2008, 06:45 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2

Funny thing, I am doing the ozzie Jones draft right now, and alot of the players you named are not even listed on the draft board. The big names are, but all the WR aren't except Walker and Jordan. OL only burke and Anderson are there. Does something happen where they cut out some players? very strange
Old 09-24-2008, 07:21 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 9

most of the names are random, but the players; stats, size, school, and look are the same. The best thing to do is list the players size and school.

I
Old 09-24-2008, 09:38 PM   #20
Rookie

Figured that might be the case. I'm doing this draft atm and so hard to decide who to take with my 2 first round picks. I can def grab Kain at #2, and possibly Ozzie at 22. Though I know next Year Alex Hurst and supposedly Beu Jackson is coming....man what to do I really do need a HB and a QB!
Old 09-25-2008, 12:58 AM   #21
MVP

Joe Kain, is one of my favorite QB's and just as good as Hurst. I'm in year three with the same class and Joe Kain so far in his second year has 33 td's and just 4 INT's in 11 games.

Also IMO Ozzie Jones may be better than Boar because he will come a lot cheaper and Boar tends to get hurt pretty easily and Ozzie is an ironman. Also if you have speed as your HB philosophy Ozzie has a potential of 99.

Boar is awesome, don't get me wrong he is alot like Adrian Peterson, one of the most talented ever but on any play it might be over.

*DRAFT SPOILER*

At the end of the 1st draft (Kain) you can get 3 WR's that all have 95 potential, look for the guys compared to Burrress, Harrison, and Wayne. One of them is 6'3 214 from Ohio State, these guys have random names.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2008, 03:57 PM   #22
Rookie

I'll give you some back drop. I took over the Falcons, went through the off-season again. I had a ton of cap room and I choose Peyton spread attack as my offense and the Patriots Pressure as my Defense playbook. My coachs all pretty much suck besides my DB coach who is a 95.

I picked up some key free agents (trufant, Jake Scott, Odell Thurman, plus a FS who was 89 overall forgot his name) and I traded for Leigh Borden at DB to give me a great 1-2 punch at the CB position who can play zone or man equally. My FS is awesome with great Zone and Man coverage good speed and good tackler. My secondary is pretty solid besides SS. LB are all pretty good (Drafted Adibi, Brooking, Thurman, Boley) and my DL is avg (drafted Calias Cambell, undrafted DT Dunn, John Abraham). On the offenseive side of the ball my WR is gonna be good down the road (Roddy White, drafted Desean Jackson and Early Doucet both 90+ potential, Horn and some other bumb both getting cut years end) at HB I rolling with (Drafted Ray Rice, Jerious Norwood, no name 3rd string) FB I am weak but he is a good blocker. QB I got (Andre Woodson, David Carr, John David Booty) not happy with woodson at all even though he has 90+ potential he is not going to be #1 for years to come. OL I got (trade for Ephriam Salaam, Justin Blaylock and drafted Brandon Albert, Faine, Jake Scott and Al Weiner) all are 85+ with good awr and good blocking skills.

WHEW! ok so after all that I was actually able to still come in at 18.5 mil in cap room! Also I trade down in the draft with the steelers gave them my 4th pick for there 22nd 2009 1st and 2009 2nd picks and got most the players I wanted and improved my 2009 draft alot!

So now going into the Ozzie Jones draft I have 2 first round picks 2nd round picks. I am thinking I might have to pick up a DT and MLB this draft and hopefully a better SS. Rice and woodson are not the answer at HB and QB for years to come but I am curious if Ozzie will be a good fit since he lacks power?? it's a great draft class and I've been on it for 2 days studying it and trying to make the right moves. My biggest problem all season was running the ball and my Pass Def was god awful!! my Safties never reacted to the ball when it was thrown even though they were pretty good and my LB's can't play zone for anything! So looks like upgrading the DEF might be the way to go. God I love this game
Old 09-25-2008, 04:12 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 20

Also, if you prefer power backs, or if you have other more pressing needs the first couple years, Jelani Okoye in the third year of that group of classes is a beast. He doesnt have a lot of speed or elusiveness but he comes out of college already developed in power, stiff arm, injury, and a few other things. He has solid speed and learns decently, plus as a powerback has great potential. All this, and he weighs 333 pounds and is 6'4"
Old 09-25-2008, 04:43 PM   #24
MVP

SPOILERS

Okoye is big but isn't good enough fowr where he gets picked usually top-10 sometimes top-5. In Okoye's draft I think LeMarcus Taylor is the best RB and can be had mid 1st.

Also you need to pick Ozzie Jones, he lacks power like you said but he jukes and accelerates like no one else. Also if you get lucky and have a the #1 pick the next year to get Boar you can deal Ozzie for alot and not have a huge cap penalty.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »