Home

Old 09-14-2008, 01:00 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 7
Jeebus.

I have 13 million in cap space, and everyone I go to resign this year it says you do not have enough cap space, clear some to make room.

My RT, QB, and WR all want to be paid more than $13mil a year? Peyton freakin' Manning doesn't even get that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2008, 01:24 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Jeebus.

Ok...now my backups are asking to be among the top 5 highest paid at their position.

I don't think its the salary cap bug because I canceled out of their deals and waited to the next week to see if they went down, but they didn't. I was just playing straight through too so that should have never come up since I didn't save and reload.

Only one of the players, my WR is over 90, the rest are mid to lower 80's players.

2 of the players are backups that were UDFAs and haven't even started a game and their season stats are comparable to back up players so it can't be based on their performance.

I simmed ahead a few weeks and the guys that wanted to renew their deals after the first batch were asking for reasonable contracts. They are all rated between 75-80 though.

Wtf?
Old 09-14-2008, 02:02 AM   #3
Rookie

Frog-Face-Frown's Arena

OVR: 2

The issue of Scrubs-backups wanting lots of cash on their new contracts will be addressed in the patch whenever they get it done check out patch thread and this issue is listed as being addressed. Now happy easter to you!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-14-2008, 02:42 AM   #4
Rookie

Ah, musta missed that line. That sucks I gotta wait for the patch to keep playing. I hope it's retroactive and I can continue my current career.
Old 09-14-2008, 08:20 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

why does EVERYTHING need a patch?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2008, 09:12 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

The workaround is to wait a week after you load then start signing players, but if you have already tried with this bug, they'll be asking for the max until the offseason.
Old 09-14-2008, 09:33 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

Also josh has stated that they found the bug that kept you from having enough money to even renegotiate with high-dollar soon-to-be FAs during the season and fixed it. im pretty sure the problem is that the game doesnt count the players current contract as your part of your current cap room - and it should, since a renegotiated contract will take the place of the current one.

I had the same problem with DT albert haynesworth, he couldnt be resigned after I franchised him yr 1 even though I had 10mil+ in cap room

If you have that bug that makes everyone want top-5 starter money (also to be fixed in the patch) and combine it with this bug its a boring and frustrating resigning part of the season i am sure
Old 09-14-2008, 10:35 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 10

A workaround for the subs is to release them then go back and resign them for a lot less money. Sort of lame...but until the patch comes out..........

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »