Home

Zeroes to Heroes

This is a discussion on Zeroes to Heroes within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2008, 11:47 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Zeroes to Heroes

I took over my beloved Dolphins and really shook the team up in the offseason.... i switched playbooks to modified versions of the Lebeau Zone Blitz and the Cameron Power Run... and i had an amazing draft, turning my defense into one of the most feared units in recent memory, my offense is both dynamic and stable with a perennial pro bowler lining up under center....

I am currently 9-1 with my only loss coming frm an incredibly close game to the Patriots (i lost the game by two with :00 on the game clock) and my preseason promise of finishing somewhere below .500 has been blown way out of the water... most of the AFC is really sucking so im almost guaranteed a playoff berth, even if i dnt win another game this season.... my approval was hovering in the 70s and is now bouncing between 94 and 98....

Has anyone else seen such success in year 1 with terrible teams? Just go ahead an post your turnaround tails here...ill be posting my roster later today for those interested

-Caveman
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2008, 11:55 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Zeroes to Heroes

I did real well with the Phins (started 7-0) but then realized I had really mismanaged the cap and was going to lose some important pieces or go with crap for depth, so I started over. Still in pre-season with the new better managed team.
Old 09-15-2008, 12:58 PM   #3
Rookie

Kingfish's Arena

OVR: 5

I was trying to use the Dolphins as 'road-to-a-new-team'...i started with them filled the slots in FA that I SHOULD and drafted(maybe too well), and then planned on just simming through the season and then take whatever team would have me after I was fired...

however...

this simmed dolphin team went 11-5 and that caused me to kinda reconsider my soon to be jump to my 'next' team. I went back and actual tried it again...this time they went 14-2

Ok...so, I started it again and this time did the job myself...resigning those that needed to be signed and this time the team went 9-7 and got fired

Oh well, it was humbling to think it was ME that was causing the team to faulter but thats sure how it looked.
Old 09-16-2008, 03:08 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 11

wow...9-7 and you got fired?? thats harsh...
Old 09-16-2008, 05:06 PM   #5
Rookie

cocacolaman's Arena

Took the Raiders to a 14-2 Season and Beat the Broncos in the Playoffs. (Beat them 3 times in one season....priceless).

But ran into the Colts in the playoffs and lost in OT.

Now into season 2 and 5-0 so far, traded for Cutler (now Broncos totally stink 0-5) and my passing game took off..... avg. 300yds per game and no ints. The ints were killing me last year I had Jamarcus to start then let Woodson take over but the passing just wasn't there.

New GM, OFF cord, awesome Trainer 99, and I think this will be the year for the Raiders....I destroyed the Colts in pre season....so looking forward to this year.

Also I ended the Pats perfect regular season in week 14 last year....their only loss...in OT.
Most of my games last year were won in OT thanks to Serna's big foot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2008, 05:20 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocacolaman
Took the Raiders to a 14-2 Season and Beat the Broncos in the Playoffs. (Beat them 3 times in one season....priceless).

But ran into the Colts in the playoffs and lost in OT.

Now into season 2 and 5-0 so far, traded for Cutler (now Broncos totally stink 0-5) and my passing game took off..... avg. 300yds per game and no ints. The ints were killing me last year I had Jamarcus to start then let Woodson take over but the passing just wasn't there.

New GM, OFF cord, awesome Trainer 99, and I think this will be the year for the Raiders....I destroyed the Colts in pre season....so looking forward to this year.

Also I ended the Pats perfect regular season in week 14 last year....their only loss...in OT.
Most of my games last year were won in OT thanks to Serna's big foot.
My career was similar in that I took the Bills to the AFC championship game after beating the Pats twice in the regular season, Beating the undefeated Colts in the Div playoff and losing to the Pats in the AFC championship game
Old 09-16-2008, 06:23 PM   #7
Rookie

My Phins team was 12-2 before I realized that the injury bug had been in affect the entire season, so i restarted. Then I used the Bears, went 3-13 the first season and 14-2 with a Super Bowl win the next season and then 13-3 and another Super Bowl the year after.
Old 09-16-2008, 08:02 PM   #8
Rookie

Kingfish's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guggy107
wow...9-7 and you got fired?? thats harsh...
Problem was, I think, I was 7-1 at the halfway point...and got blowed-OUT in the last 8. Who would'a thunk the Jets could put 40 on me or the Bills sinking nearly 50 to my 10...ouch! And you loose SOOOOO much aproval with a blowout it isn't EVEN funny.

Oh well...I will try again once the patch is out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »