Home

Great News! and some not so great news!

This is a discussion on Great News! and some not so great news! within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2008, 09:05 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Great News! and some not so great news!

I just got back from Game Crazy with Tiger Woods....yuh I know him TW is the only game that can compete with my coaching duties, oh and school duties
Old 09-19-2008, 09:17 PM   #18
NFL Head Coach '09 Lead Designer

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloeyEZ
I just got back from Game Crazy with Tiger Woods....yuh I know him TW is the only game that can compete with my coaching duties, oh and school duties
I hate to relay this info because I know I'm ruining your nights.

My boss just called me while I was out to dinner and said that the patch may not come out until Monday now.

I guess there was some confusion over our online patch that came out when we first released vs. this one.

UGH......

Old 09-19-2008, 09:23 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

Okay, so I have a favor to ask of some kind gents in the community here.

I currently do not have a wireless adapter for my 360, and my tv and 360 are set up on a completely different floor from the cable modem and router. Furthermore, there is no tv near the modem/router, nor is any TV small enough to move close to it. So basically, what I want to do is take the 360 down there, plug it in, connect it to the router, and turn it on with HC09 in there.

What I need from you guys is to take note of approx. how long it takes to load to the patch download prompt (or if it downloads without a prompt), whether the prompt defaults to "yes" (I just have to press A after a certain amount of time and wait for it to load) or "no" (in which case I have to press up on the left stick once, then press A and wait for it to load). Also, about how long does the patch take to download (I know times will vary from person to person, but just to give me an idea. It's a comcast cable modem). Also, is there any way to check and make sure it downloaded once I hook the 360 back up to the TV?

I know this is a ridiculous plan, but I can't really afford the wireless adapter right now and I really want that patch. Do you think this will work, or is this doomed to failure? I'd really appreciate any help.

Thanks guys. I'm loving this game!
Old 09-19-2008, 09:52 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 11

So when you say "may not come out", does that mean there's still a chance it might still be released tomorrow morning?
Old 09-19-2008, 09:58 PM   #21
Rookie

Americas Team1's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh_Looman
I hate to relay this info because I know I'm ruining your nights.

My boss just called me while I was out to dinner and said that the patch may not come out until Monday now.

I guess there was some confusion over our online patch that came out when we first released vs. this one.

UGH......

That's cool. We should just be happy that there's a patch comin out to fix the problems. Thanks for your hard work
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2008, 10:09 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 6

lol,i wont be happy until i put the game in and it asks me to patch
same for madden..
Old 09-19-2008, 10:19 PM   #23
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloeyEZ
That's just because our PS3 are BETTER and more powerful so it takes longer to patch them RRARRRRWWWW PLUS, we get cupcakes with our patch

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*goes out and gets a PS3*

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 09-19-2008, 10:46 PM   #24
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Here's how I see it. At least we know both this patch and the one for Madden (for those playing both) are good to go and will be released soon (barring the already mentioned PS3 stuff-though that's not far off either). I'm just glad that this batch of EA devs (both here and for Madden) have been so informative and seemingly on the ball.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »