Home

Players "Overall" dropping for no reason???

This is a discussion on Players "Overall" dropping for no reason??? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2008, 09:52 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Players "Overall" dropping for no reason???

I drafted a few players in my Dolphins career from the 2008 Draft that for some reason their Overall Keeps dropping. Here are a few examples:

Andrew Crummey: Training Camp: 82
Prior to First Pre-season 1: 72
Post Pre-Season 1 game: 51
Adam Spieker: Training Camp: 82
Prior to First Pre-Season 1: 75
Post Pre-Season 1 game: 56

Others on my roster have dropped a few points ( 3 to 5 in Overall) but those were the most dramatic on my team. Anyone else noticing this? Is it a bug? If it is "Working as Intended" can I please get a Dev response on this cause I am a tad confused by it and bit frustrated as it has effected my entire 2008 Draft.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2008, 09:56 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Players "Overall" dropping for no reason???

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelraccoon
I drafted a few players in my Dolphins career from the 2008 Draft that for some reason their Overall Keeps dropping. Here are a few examples:

Andrew Crummey: Training Camp: 82
Prior to First Pre-season 1: 72
Post Pre-Season 1 game: 51
Adam Spieker: Training Camp: 82
Prior to First Pre-Season 1: 75
Post Pre-Season 1 game: 56

Others on my roster have dropped a few points ( 3 to 5 in Overall) but those were the most dramatic on my team. Anyone else noticing this? Is it a bug? If it is "Working as Intended" can I please get a Dev response on this cause I am a tad confused by it and bit frustrated as it has effected my entire 2008 Draft.
are they training camp invite / unscouted rookies?

the UFA and unscouted rookies ratings get "unlocked" as the preseason / camp goes on, to start with its just typically their production and size ratings that are unlocked which make them have a much better overall than their athleticism, intangibles, etc will actually turn out to be
Old 09-24-2008, 09:59 AM   #3
Rookie

goonertaff's Arena

OVR: 5

the overall is worked out from the information you have available

so if you know that Production is 80 and Intangible is 82 then the overall is 81(this is the info you unlocked from before the draft)

but as pre season goes on your coaches discover more info on these players until all the info is available and a true overall is displayed genarally a very low learning and potential score

hope that helps
Old 09-24-2008, 10:04 AM   #4
Rookie

Most of the ones affected are my actual draft pics that I had relatively good info on. Crummey was my 5th round pick so I am not sure why he dropped like that. Spieker was an undrafted member I picked up prior to invites so I can see why his dropped some but 30 points???? His run blocking and pass blocking dropped dramaticly and those were scouted from Pro Days or the Senior All-Star game, I can't recall which one. It just seems a tad odd that I had used them before in a career and the philosophies are the same but there is a huge difference in their overall since post-patch.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:20 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelraccoon
Most of the ones affected are my actual draft pics that I had relatively good info on. Crummey was my 5th round pick so I am not sure why he dropped like that. Spieker was an undrafted member I picked up prior to invites so I can see why his dropped some but 30 points???? His run blocking and pass blocking dropped dramaticly and those were scouted from Pro Days or the Senior All-Star game, I can't recall which one. It just seems a tad odd that I had used them before in a career and the philosophies are the same but there is a huge difference in their overall since post-patch.
UFA's you typically dont know anything about, dont be upset because you didnt get an 80 OVR UFA, this happens with most UFA's. only very rarely will you get player who can start.

the 5th rounder might be the games way of showing a bust, good ratings from college but not an NFL guy. it happens
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2008, 10:55 AM   #6
Rookie

the accuracy of the overall ratings also depend on the lvl of your GM....you should not trust these OVR ratings at the beginning of camp but should instead check out the progression bars for your player....most will not be unlocked but you can gain more information frm reading into individual statistics as opposed to relying on a hamstrung Overall rating
Old 09-24-2008, 03:40 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

age, philosophy, GM, injuries are all things I've noticed affecting overalls and potentials. Overalls can move week to week as well, depending on playing time and how well they've played. If you've got a guy that's 68 overall and 88 potential but he never gets to play his potential could go down too I believe.
Old 09-25-2008, 12:20 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerbothesh23
age, philosophy, GM, injuries are all things I've noticed affecting overalls and potentials. Overalls can move week to week as well, depending on playing time and how well they've played. If you've got a guy that's 68 overall and 88 potential but he never gets to play his potential could go down too I believe.
I havent had potentials dropping just because people dont play, at least with young guys anyway. Only if they get hurt or I change philosophies

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »