Home

Josh can you give some of us...

This is a discussion on Josh can you give some of us... within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2008, 07:36 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Josh can you give some of us...

Well I would say that people including josh will be more likely to help you if you are not completely hostile with the world. Seriously, dude don't be so bitter at people you are asking for help from. Sorry I tried to help you out! I understand your disabled, but no reason to let your attitude become disabled too!!
Old 09-29-2008, 07:38 PM   #10
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by HechticSooner
The fact that I am a major gamer who uses the system everyday for between 8 and 10 hours a day (I am currently on disability and can't work and daytime TV is inane) and everything else works and I have now been having this issue with this game alone for more then a month, makes it so I just don't believe this is the issue buddy. I personally, no mean to insult you, I don't believe you could tell me anything about the box anyway, that I myself would no be able to see, work out, and understand. I get the hardware and it is not likely the cause. But thanks for your condescending, comment. You can move along now.
Only person being condescending here is you.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:06 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 9

Multiple discs means its got to be your xbox or hard drive. I just don't see how it could be the discs themselves in this situation, as your problem is certainly the minority. I have not had any issues whatsoever, and though many comments are out there about freezing, that doesn't mean a majority of people are having the problem. I would almost bet anything it has to do with the hard drive. Clear the cache, remove every piece of head coach material from the hard drive, try again, and if it doesn't work, then you can give up on EA.

Make sure you remove all the head coach saves, since you said you cleared the cache. If its a corrupted save that should fix it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2008, 01:29 AM   #12
Pro

okay after much testing and more testing and think that I have figured something out. Quick saves of the profile seem to corrupt the profile somehow. This then causes the disk error on the Xbox 360. You can quick save the career but not the profile. Of course since I don't have tools for this kind of thing I can only go on the fact that I run the test in a pretty controlled environment. I clear the cache again and I got three weeks into the preseason before bed. I Quick saved everything and woke the next day to play. Guess what third quarter disk error. I then started testing by running every save type I could, turning off, back on see if would happen. I have done this for the last three days.

After this kind of test the only way I have seen it happen is if you quick save a profile. I still want to give it a whole season before I say that I am safe but this is what it looks like. And deleting the quick save will not stop it from happening, you have to clear the cache in order for it to work again.

Hopefully I will see this no longer pop up. I post this here for those that are having this issue in hopes that it is going to assist others.
GM of the KC Royals in the OS Arbitration Thread
Old 10-01-2008, 02:01 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 12

I never had this issue until after the patch, and then I was getting it consistently in either the 3rd or 4th quarter of 49ers year 1 game vs the Patriots, to the point that I just couldn't finish the game at all. I cleared the cache and have played many games since, so that seems to have fixed it for me. And for what it's worth I always quick save.
Old 10-01-2008, 04:01 PM   #14
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixtydashone
I never had this issue until after the patch, and then I was getting it consistently in either the 3rd or 4th quarter of 49ers year 1 game vs the Patriots, to the point that I just couldn't finish the game at all. I cleared the cache and have played many games since, so that seems to have fixed it for me. And for what it's worth I always quick save.

Just the game (career) though right. I have found that it is quick saving the profile that matters.
GM of the KC Royals in the OS Arbitration Thread
Old 10-01-2008, 10:35 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 4

You know, I haven't seen a single crash in neither Madden nor Head Coach since I've done two things...

-cleared the cache with the system maintenance option
-I never start up the xbox 360 with a game already in the drive

I'm not really sure if its a coincidence or whatever, but neither game has frozen or crashed or anything.. but of course now that I say it, I'll go play and it'll crash immediately! haha
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »