Home

Mass substitutions

This is a discussion on Mass substitutions within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2008, 10:14 AM   #1
Pro

markprior22's Arena

OVR: 7
Mass substitutions

I started playing this again last night after a few weeks. When I played before, I thought I (as a coach) had the option of manually putting in the 2nd or 3rd string during a game (this is preseason BTW). I went to the coaches clipboard and have the 3 sub areas marked "show me". When the game is going on, the option to sub 2nd string or 3rd string is never available. I imagine it's one of two things and I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

1) Can't do this in a preseason game OR

2) I have something selected or deselected that is keeping this option from being available.

I appreciate any advice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2008, 10:20 AM   #2
MVP

plasticbeast's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Mass substitutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by markprior22
I started playing this again last night after a few weeks. When I played before, I thought I (as a coach) had the option of manually putting in the 2nd or 3rd string during a game (this is preseason BTW). I went to the coaches clipboard and have the 3 sub areas marked "show me". When the game is going on, the option to sub 2nd string or 3rd string is never available. I imagine it's one of two things and I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

1) Can't do this in a preseason game OR

2) I have something selected or deselected that is keeping this option from being available.

I appreciate any advice.
During any game move the clipboard to the "Gameday" options. I think it is the 2nd or 3rd option moving right. Here you will have the mass sub options.

OSFL
: Lake County Extreme- 2010 OSFL Champs
NCFA: WVU Mountaineers- As long as we beat Pitt...
BLB: Morgantown Mowhawks- Expansion Team
Old 09-30-2008, 10:30 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

Yes for whatever reason even with 'show me' for subs selected in the options I have never had my coaches suggest mass subs before, just do it manually like the poster above suggested.

however, and it took me a whole preseason to figure this out, the game automatically mass subs in your 2nd string at halftime during preseason. but it never puts in 3rd stringers unless you do it manually.

also i would check your depth chart coming out of halftime to make sure all your guys are off the field when they should be. I typically manually move my #1QB, WR, RB, and CB to the bottom of the depth chart unless he's hurting for play knowledge. There is too much money in those guys to have them playing preseason fourth quarters because the guy making 500k is winded : )

also you need to make sure if you are playing a 3-4 defense your MLB backups are in, the auto sub option just switches #1MLB with #2MLB, which means the same two guys are starting

I imagine you would need to do something similar if you run a 3-3-5 or a 4-2-5 or whatever those more unorthodox defenses are : )
Old 09-30-2008, 12:27 PM   #4
Pro

markprior22's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasticbeast
During any game move the clipboard to the "Gameday" options. I think it is the 2nd or 3rd option moving right. Here you will have the mass sub options.
Yeah, that's just it. I scroll through all the clipboard "headers" and don't have the option. I know I used to. I must have something turned off that is preventing me from being able to do this manually.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »