Home

*SPOILER* Assistant Coaches

This is a discussion on *SPOILER* Assistant Coaches within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2008, 07:25 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 9
*SPOILER* Assistant Coaches

We need an assistant coach thread to unlock the hidden gems, for example I hired Clyde Christenson who was a 33 rated OC, but to find out he has unlimited potential with 5, playcall, performance, and stradegy, plus he has the ambition special skill unlocked.

Ron Rivera, was promoted after one year to DC, and he is awesome as well.

Any others, I like Jim Caldwell, OC, and of course Josh Loman.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2008, 09:19 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 12
Re: *SPOILER* Assistant Coaches

At the end of year 1 I picked up

Spoiler

He already had all his regular skills when I got him. He may have had 1/4 special skills as well but I can't remember.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:33 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

i think the coach hiring is one of the weaker points of this game...you should be able to at least look at their history and in what kind of schemes they specialize in
Old 10-02-2008, 12:08 AM   #4
MVP

AnybodyKilla's Arena

OVR: 12

I do like the way they did the hiring process but its just that. I cant really see who im getting, what they can do for me, past history. Nothing.

It makes hiring coaches sometimes luck.
#9 Syracuse Orange!! (15-1)(3-0)
Old 10-02-2008, 10:41 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

My biggest issue is that I get the Fans setting me a season goal of hiring a college coach. I have no idea which coaches are from college, or who is available for that matter, and which ones are fired by their NFL teams.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2008, 10:47 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessed1stylez
i think the coach hiring is one of the weaker points of this game...you should be able to at least look at their history and in what kind of schemes they specialize in
I agree, and it would be similar to an interview, then you could unlock the coach's skills. I basically hired Clyde because I was knocked out after the AFC championship, and I did not like my old OC skill sets so I fired him hoping that Jim Caldwell would leave the Colts after the Super Bowl but he didn't and the best "passing playbook" style coach left was Clyde.

I think we could use this thread to give each other an idea of who to look for.
Old 10-02-2008, 11:07 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Only thing I would add is to try an hire the first coach that comes up for that catergory. Since they are usually the highest rated that available at that time. And if you pass or lose out on the bidding of that coach, the next coach would be lower rated and so on.

But I argee, it would be nice to be able to preview the coaches ratings in detail before you hire the coach.
Old 10-02-2008, 04:32 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 6

what i do...

Right after you agree to "stay on" as head coach of your team, set the timer to "slow", flip to "NFL" on the clipboard and view NEWS. Go on the team part and select NFL. Then go to the other part to see FIRED Coaches, RELEASED Coaches, etc. This will tell you what team they were with and what position they coached.

It's the best thing i could come up with to figure out who might be available and what team they come from.

give it a try.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »