Home

Lookin for playoff success...The Cowboys Dynasty

This is a discussion on Lookin for playoff success...The Cowboys Dynasty within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-22-2008, 04:39 AM   #49
Rookie

Americas Team1's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Lookin for playoff success...The Cowboys Dynasty

I had two QBs that I was lookin at in the 4th.Braxton Miller who was about 6'6 230 pounds or Quinton Hood who was about 6'1 205. I ended up takin Hood cause he had a better arm.Needed to get a backup center so I took Aaron Augustus in the 4th too.I took Joe May a SS in the 5th to battle with Courtney Brown for the backup spot.With the first 2 7th round picks I took CBs British Lloyd and JJ Hollis. Then with the last pick off the draft I took QB Elliot Omens to battle with Hood for the backup spot.

Two teams that went in the opposite direction were the Lions and Redskins. The Lions went Offense with 7 of their 8 picks takin 3 WRS and a ROLB with their last 4 picks. While the Redskins went Defense with 5 of their 7 picks

1st-Devin Mayo/ROLB
1st-Mack Jackson/MLB
3rd- Drew Goldman/TE
3rd-Casey Barone/FB
3rd-Patrick Boma/RG
4th-Quinton Hood/QB
4th-Aaron Augustus/C
5th-Joe May/SS
7th-British Lloyd/CB
7th-JJ Hollis/CB
7th-Elliot Omens/QB

Overall im very happy with the draft. Proy shouldnt have takin the QB with the last pick but other than that im very happy with how it ended up.
Old 11-23-2008, 05:09 AM   #50
Pro

OVR: 8

not much of a cowboys fan but looks like you had a good draft
Old 11-23-2008, 11:50 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 2

I've been playing the Cowboys for multiple seasons and let me warn you... you have zero challenge in front of you. I have never lost. Never lost a preseason game, regular season, post season. Opposing teams were never closer than 20 points during my entire second season, even after losing Owens to retirement.

I am honestly hoping that salary caps or low round drafting will do me in soon so I can feel a little challenged. It's either that or quit the team and start with some other, weaker franchise (something no true fan should have to do).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2008, 02:43 AM   #52
Rookie

Americas Team1's Arena

Well I think the draft went well and now it time to test the rookies in the pre-season.

Cowboys-35 vs Browns-20

The Cowboys took the lead on a Barber 2 yard run.The rookie QB Quinton Hood went off throwin 4 TDs in the first half.The pass D still lookin bad givin up over 300 yards through the air.But the run D was great givin up under 10 yard rushing.

Player Of The Game-Quinton Hood 9-13/239 yrds/4 TDs

Cowboys-27 vs Ravens-7

The Cowboys won 27-7. Ellis and Mayo are battling for the startin LOLB spot. Ellis Had 2 sacks and Mayo had 1.Mack Jackson didnt play that well only gettin 1 tack.Hood had another good game and is lookin like a good pick.Boma and Barone have looked good in the first 2 pre-season games

Player Of The Game-T.Newman 3 tack/2 INTs

Cowboys-21 vs Buccaneers-9

The Cowboys won 21-9. Mack played good gettin 4 tackles and 2 picks. So far Mayo is winnin the LOLB battle.Hood had a BAD game goin 3-13 with 2 INTs.Choice had a good game gettin 47 yards on 10 att.

Player Of The Game- M.Barber 9 att/56 yrds/1 TD

Cowboys-27 vs Jaguars-3

The Cowboys won 27-3. Mack player OK gettin 3 tackles.Boma and Barone are still playin great football.Hood went 4-8 with 46 yards. All the starters looked ready for the season to start.

Player Of The Game- M.Barber 29 att/77 yrds/2 Tds

Boma and Barone both played great in the pre-season. Mack and Mayo played OK but I expect them to play better.Hood played good and will be a good back-up for this team.Goldman didnt look good at all. Didnt even catch a pass in the pre-season look for that to change once the season starts.Joe May played OK at SS and will be the back-up.

Of the 7 Picks that made the team 4 are starters.

Patrick Boma LG Starter
Spoiler

Devin Mayo LOLB Starter
Spoiler

Mack Jackson Starter
Spoiler

Casey Barone Starter
Spoiler

Drew Goldman
Spoiler

Quinton Hood
Spoiler

Joe May
Spoiler

Spoiler
Old 11-29-2008, 05:56 AM   #53
Pro

team looks to be in top form looks like you might have a great season is to still with the team or has he retired yet
Old 12-10-2008, 06:42 AM   #54
Rookie

Americas Team1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike2001
team looks to be in top form looks like you might have a great season is to still with the team or has he retired yet
Still with the team. I have a feeling he's goin to retire after this year.
Old 12-10-2008, 07:12 AM   #55
Rookie

Americas Team1's Arena

• Week 1
  • Cowboys vs Eagles
  • The Eagles started the scoring with a 35 yard FG.The Cowboys went right down the field and scored on a 8 yard pass to Crayton.The Eagles would then score on a 27 yard pass to LJ Smith to go up 10-7.The Cowboys tied the game at 10-10 early in the 2nd with a 38 yard FG.The Eagles took the lead late in the 2nd after a 33 yard FG.The Cowboys kicked a 25 yard FG to tie the game at 13-13 goin into halftime.
  • The Cowboys took the lead early in the 3rd on a 15 yard Barber run.The Eagles came right back and scored on a 1 yard pass to D.Jackson to tie it at 20-20.The Cowboys took the lead early in the 4th with a 26 yard FG .The Eagles would then tie it after a 39 yard FG.Folk missed a 41 yard FG that would have givin the Boys the lead.The Cowboys got the ball back and Barber score on an outstanding 85 yard run to go up 30-23.The Cowboys made their lead even bigger after an 18 yard F.Jones run(37-23).The Cowboys score agian on a T.Chioce 66 yard run.(44-23)The Eagles scored in the minute to make the final score 44-30.
  • Cowboys Players Of The Game:
  • D.Ware 6 tack/2 sack
  • M.Barber 19 att/161 yrds/2 TDs
  • Romo 15-21/245 yrds/1 TD
  • Rookies:
  • D.Mayo 4 tack/1 sack
  • M.Jackson 3 tack
  • P.Boma as great in both run & pass blocking.
  • Eagles Player Of The Game:
  • K.Kolb 30-62/455 yrds/3 TDs
  • R.Brown 8/178 yrds
  • Dawkins 12 tack
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2008, 12:35 PM   #56
Pro

great win, has his rating decrease do you still have him as the #1wr

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »