Home

Josh-Coach Skill Points Help?

This is a discussion on Josh-Coach Skill Points Help? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2008, 03:08 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 12
Josh-Coach Skill Points Help?

Josh, Dan and crew, what coaches skill points are important for our Head Coach to put points on and what is a waste of time? ie: do we even need points on:

1. Chemistry
2. Playcalling
3. Strategy
4. Performance

I know you mention "playcalling" is not needed for your HC, but what else is useless for us? I hate guessing in this game. Can you guys break down each skill and what effects they have on the head coach, players and gameplay? I feel like we are mindlessly going through the motions and guessing our way through the game.

Help us out here and throw us a bone.

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2008, 04:25 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Josh-Coach Skill Points Help?

Performance is the most important thing. It will actually effect execution. Playcalling could be if you're compensating for coordinators who are otherwise good but playcalling is bad so you set preferenecs to call yourself. Chemistry is not bad to have something in especially if you might have situations occur with unhappy players. I'm not really sure about strategy with the head coach. I think it helps on edited plays.
Old 10-10-2008, 04:30 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 7

I picked up the Motivator special skill on my HC yesterday, and my gawd does that improve your team. Most of my starters key skills now max out at 99. I kind of regret taking the skill cause the game is easy enough as it is.
Old 10-10-2008, 05:43 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coredor
Performance is the most important thing. It will actually effect execution. Playcalling could be if you're compensating for coordinators who are otherwise good but playcalling is bad so you set preferenecs to call yourself. Chemistry is not bad to have something in especially if you might have situations occur with unhappy players. I'm not really sure about strategy with the head coach. I think it helps on edited plays.
I just want to nip this now since I wasted points on playcalling. According to josh, playcalling does NO good to a head coach unless they plan on being a coordinator. The same logic, I would assume, would apply to all assistant coaches.

Information on this can be found here:

JOSH- PLAYCALLING (HC/OC/DC)

post #7. Key points:

"3. My Head Coach (me) is a level 5 in playcalling. What effect does my playcalling have on my OC/DC? Does having a level 5 also make my OC/DC a level 5 in playcalling?

That doesn't really have much of an effect on your team. That's used if a head coach is fired and he becomes a coordinator of another team.

4. Do I need to apply playcalling points to asst. coaches? I figured i didn't need to since they don't call plays.

If you ever plan on promoting them, you'll need them to be ready. If not, no. "
Old 10-10-2008, 05:51 PM   #5
Rookie

That's right if you assign playcalling to your coordinators. However I think you can call plays based on your skill from the TEam preferences menu. At least that's what I would assume since it has Head Coach or Coordinator playcalling for both offensive and defensive. I would assume if you set it to head coach then it's your skill.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2008, 07:25 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coredor
That's right if you assign playcalling to your coordinators. However I think you can call plays based on your skill from the TEam preferences menu. At least that's what I would assume since it has Head Coach or Coordinator playcalling for both offensive and defensive. I would assume if you set it to head coach then it's your skill.

Everyone is guessing. This is why i want the Dev to really go into this. When i posted about playcalling Josh stated as you read above, "playcalling" means nothing for your HC unless he becomes a corrd. This makes no sense. Why would my created HCoach become a cord? At the end of the season, he either takes on a new team, continue with same team, or he is fired and you start a new career. Your HC doesn't become a cord.

We really need to know if the 4 items i stated above, Chemistry, stratgey, playcalling, and performance are a waste of time for a HC only. Why is this so Top Secret?
Old 10-10-2008, 08:49 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by claystone
Everyone is guessing. This is why i want the Dev to really go into this. When i posted about playcalling Josh stated as you read above, "playcalling" means nothing for your HC unless he becomes a corrd. This makes no sense. Why would my created HCoach become a cord? At the end of the season, he either takes on a new team, continue with same team, or he is fired and you start a new career. Your HC doesn't become a cord.

We really need to know if the 4 items i stated above, Chemistry, stratgey, playcalling, and performance are a waste of time for a HC only. Why is this so Top Secret?
Josh has given the answer ABOVE. If a COMPUTER Coordinator becomes a HC elsewhere. Not you...

-- Chemistry helps makes your players happier and less likely to complain to the media or retire early.
-- Strategy does nothing when you are playing the actual game calling the plays in a game you are playing, if you sim and selected the head coach to call the plays then it makes your sim play calling better.
-- Play calling again does NOTHING if you are playing the actual game and calling the plays. It comes in to effect if you sim the games and you selected the head coach to call the plays.
-- Performance makes everyone on the team a bit better. Since all player report to you and their individual coaches.

All of these were asked and answered before... nobody is guessing.
Old 10-10-2008, 10:12 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 26

i have had max performance and i didnt see any difference in performance in comparison to having no performance when i simmed/called the plays.

it sounds like it should do alot but i havent seen a big difference between having it up and not having it up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »