Home

How to make this game hard

This is a discussion on How to make this game hard within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Which method makes the game more realistic and challenging?
play the actual game 7 53.85%
supersim so you can still call plays 3 23.08%
sim each game 3 23.08%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-16-2008, 06:17 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 12
Re: How to make this game hard

I don't think it matters much whether you supersim vs sim vs play. From what I've seen, this game for the most part is all about the coaches and where you assign their skill points. I was winning superbowls even with a 78 OVR QB and high-70's low-80's WRs with a Spread offense. Couldn't run the ball worth a damn even with Frank Gore, but I didn't really need to in order to win games. I would routinely win games with only 5-10 rushing attempts the entire game.

I think if you want to make it hard on yourself, limit the amount of coaching skill points you assign, or don't assign any at all. Either that or build up a team and then leave them and build up another one. I went from the 49ers to the Bengals partly because the game had gotten really easy and partly because I had wrecked the 49ers salary cap
Old 10-16-2008, 07:30 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: How to make this game hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
A few questions

* Season 1?

* Did you start with the draft or preseason?

* Created coach or default?

I'm not sure I can "help" you, but I would like to know for my benefit what's going on. I'm trying to test how all the settings affect the game in order to manipulate it to get a better one.
still season 1

Started in the preseason because I wanted it to be more challenging and the lions didn't really have a great offseason. I created myself as a coach and I converted the d to a 3-4 and moved a few guys around.

I was using points to upgrade my coaches and it sounds like that is not really a good idea. The problem I have here is that I want to change the coaches but if I get new coaches who are better, which would be the goal, then the game should once again become too easy. What I hate about this is what if I want to get a guy who helps develope Olineman or a coach who will make my LBers better (since they will be the focal point in my 3-4).

It has just become SO easy to run that I could just about run it up the guy on every play and score on every drive. The lions have kippy brown as their RB coach and he is rated very good in this game. The odd thing is that he was a WR coach in previous years (obviously he was a great WR coach because so many guys became great under him **sarcasm) and he is actually now the Assistant Head Coach/Passing Game Coordinator.

Last edited by ChuckMonts; 10-16-2008 at 07:32 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »