Home

A little Clarification help?

This is a discussion on A little Clarification help? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-28-2008, 04:51 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
A little Clarification help?

First off let me say hello, my name is Jonathan and I am a long time reader and first time poster. I think you guys have a great site here and am glad to be a new member.

My question is this... I have read and researched a lot of post on here and have just not found the answer. I do understand that the positional philosophy's do not affect game play but are there to help you find the players that fit into your scheme. That being said, how important if any is it to find coordinators that carry your teams philosophy. Example.. You are running a WCNorm offense and you find a OC that is Spread but is a 65-70 OVR, then next up you find OC that is WCNorm but he is a 50 OVR. Is it better to get the guy who has your philosophy or the coach who is actually better? Does this pertain to all coaches or just Coordinators. I mean lets say you have a Positional philosophy of Moves HB. Do you need to look for a RB coach with that or will the play perform the same regardless. Thanks in advance guys...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2008, 05:11 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: A little Clarification help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by panthersfan2415
First off let me say hello, my name is Jonathan and I am a long time reader and first time poster. I think you guys have a great site here and am glad to be a new member.

My question is this... I have read and researched a lot of post on here and have just not found the answer. I do understand that the positional philosophy's do not affect game play but are there to help you find the players that fit into your scheme. That being said, how important if any is it to find coordinators that carry your teams philosophy. Example.. You are running a WCNorm offense and you find a OC that is Spread but is a 65-70 OVR, then next up you find OC that is WCNorm but he is a 50 OVR. Is it better to get the guy who has your philosophy or the coach who is actually better? Does this pertain to all coaches or just Coordinators. I mean lets say you have a Positional philosophy of Moves HB. Do you need to look for a RB coach with that or will the play perform the same regardless. Thanks in advance guys...
Yes it does matter if you have to hand over control like plabook and playcalling. For example if there's a a 99 rated OC that runs the spread option and your the Colts then you will see Peyton Manning with some designed QB runs and if your philosphy cahnges his rating will go down.

I think this is a bigger deal with efense and zone corners versus man corners. You do not want a 35 year-old Chris McAlister in a man coverage defense. Or small fast ones that can't press in zone cover 2.

Last edited by Mauler97; 10-29-2008 at 11:15 AM.
Old 10-28-2008, 05:18 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Thank you for your reply. So how about the positional coaches do their philosophys have an impact? I mean, I am sure it would if you plan to promote them but if they stay positional only and you dont lock your philosophys then do they still hurt by not sharing your philosophys.

What about your HC. I always play as the panthers and does it make a difference if I stray from what John Fox thinks?
Old 10-28-2008, 06:28 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by panthersfan2415
Thank you for your reply. So how about the positional coaches do their philosophys have an impact? I mean, I am sure it would if you plan to promote them but if they stay positional only and you dont lock your philosophys then do they still hurt by not sharing your philosophys.

What about your HC. I always play as the panthers and does it make a difference if I stray from what John Fox thinks?
No I don't think they will but I look for positional coaches who are strong in developing attributes. This also makes a big bifference on how quicky your guy gain points.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:17 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauler97
Yes it does matter if you have to hand over control like plabook and playcalling. For example if there's a a 99 rated OC that runs the spread option and your the Colts then you will see Peyton Manning with some designed QB runs and if your philosphy cahnges his rating will go down.

I think this is a bigger deal with efense and zone corners versus man corners. You do not want a 35 year-old Chris McAlister in a man coverage defense. Or small fast ones that can't press in man.

i agree with most of what you said, especially the stuff about defense. however, i have yet to experience ANY changes to my playbook other than plays i personally have added or stolen from other teams. from what i can tell, the "playbook control" thing in team philosophies does nothing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2008, 03:46 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guggy107
i agree with most of what you said, especially the stuff about defense. however, i have yet to experience ANY changes to my playbook other than plays i personally have added or stolen from other teams. from what i can tell, the "playbook control" thing in team philosophies does nothing.
That is what I have found as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »