Home

HELP.....Creating New Coach....What Takes Precidence!!!

This is a discussion on HELP.....Creating New Coach....What Takes Precidence!!! within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-17-2008, 06:27 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
HELP.....Creating New Coach....What Takes Precidence!!!

If I'm creating a head coach and they always start off with a overall of 13 or 14......what is really important when starting up.........Is the team skills.......ex.....Performance and Team Chemistry....Stategy and Play Calling or is it the individual development skills.....ex....Learning, Physicals and Intangibles is it Special Skills or is it some kind of combo of all them........Any help would be appreciated........This is to Josh or anyone who has a grasp on the game already!!!!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2008, 06:58 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: HELP.....Creating New Coach....What Takes Precidence!!!

It depends on what you want to do. If you want a running team build up your RB and OL skills, passing QB and WR.

If you are planning on simulating the games be sure to build the play callin and adjustment stuff up. If you plan on playing the games and calling the plays as you go you don't need to worry about that.

Look at the skills your OC, DC and position coaches have and you can build yourself up on what they are weak at as wellas buid them up.
Old 11-18-2008, 02:02 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 11

most people here will tell you that performance is the most important thing to invest in early.
Old 11-18-2008, 10:32 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 9

I followed a path similiar to what scorp said. I want to have running, ball control teams so I built up my skills on RB and OL. I also put some skills into LB as I was going to try and implement a 3-4. I think a good tactic is to balance out your skills with what your coordinators and position coaches are strong/weak in. I have a tendency to put a lot more focus on special skills, not sure if that is necessarily the right move.

I like that there is a noticeable difference in how your team plays as you improve your coaches. I was able to get better skills to my running backs coach and OL coach and I noticed my running game improve compared to the previous weeks.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:19 PM   #5
Rookie

Yeah thats why I'm having such a hard time trying to figure out what to invest in.....because I'm gonna go with a west coast offense probable McCarthy or Gruden because I still want my backs to get 20-25 carries a game......so I always notice that all the west coast coaches invest in the special skills related to the passing tree but they also have the QB and WR physical and intangible stats high too.......so I don't know what I should attack first.....Seattle seems to be a special skills team first.....and Green Bay seems to be balanced and Tampa Bay seems to invest in there important skills.....learning....... intangibles....so I guess I need to make a plan and stick with it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2008, 01:00 PM   #6
Pro

My HC skills are pretty much focused on learning and intangibles. I left the physical skills to coordinators and position coaches. The special skills lean a little more towards the physical, on the field aspects. Like you said, I just devised a plan and went with it. No real reason other than that was what made sense to me at the time.
Old 11-18-2008, 03:37 PM   #7
Pro

Max out performance to 5

Then I agree about the RB/OL for running and QB/WR for passing

I'd go with Learning and Physical first. Also, for special skills do Speed and Strength cuz that improves everyone on the team.

After that, try to work on things that your other coaches are weak on, like other people have suggested.
Old 11-18-2008, 04:09 PM   #8
Rookie

Thanks again for the info from everyone......Maxing Out Performance will probably be good for me....one other thing if anybody knows......they say left the Playcalling and Strategy up when you are simming your games....I play all my games out but I delegate playcalling to both of the coordinators.....does playcalling and strategy rating still come into play if I do it that way....or is it just gonna be like as if I was calling the plays my self.......and Head Coach Control is that for in-game or is that just for simming? Thanks again

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »