Home

how do you guys get the right number of plays from scrimmage?

This is a discussion on how do you guys get the right number of plays from scrimmage? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-07-2008, 01:19 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 11
how do you guys get the right number of plays from scrimmage?

ive been playing 15 minute quarters with the accelerated clock on and ive been getting pretty realistic stats, though i have a hard time getting a realistic amount of plays in. my team usually gets 45-55 plays in. this isnt TOO far off, but id like about 10-15 more plays. my problem is that i take too long to call my offensive play, so the 30 seconds runs off the clock with the accelerated clock, and then another 20 seconds runs off while i call and run the play. it would be more realistic if i let my OC call the plays, but i really dont want to do that. what do you guys suggest? is anyone getting 60-70 plays per game using the accelerated clock and calling thier own plays?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2008, 11:30 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 10
Re: how do you guys get the right number of plays from scrimmage?

What I have been doing...is use the reg clock and set it about 9 - 10 min depending on your game. Works real close to # of plays. It will at about 10 - 15 min playing time on your game, depending on who you are playing.
Old 11-07-2008, 12:15 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 9

this might be a silly/stupid question, but how do you switch from the accelerated clock to the regular clock? I tried the other day (cant do it now cuz my xbox is fried ) but I couldnt...at least I dont think so
Old 11-07-2008, 01:19 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkman41
this might be a silly/stupid question, but how do you switch from the accelerated clock to the regular clock? I tried the other day (cant do it now cuz my xbox is fried ) but I couldnt...at least I dont think so
Accelerated clock is automatically on when playing full 15 minute quarters. I'm pretty sure it's not available at all if you are playing shorter quarters.
Old 11-07-2008, 02:56 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 10

Correct...if you set it at 10 min....it is 10 min real time. You have to set it in the game options. I think it is on the main screen, before you load your career.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2008, 11:27 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 9

Oh alright cool, thanks . I figured out how to change the minutes but I was like were is the non-accelerated clock option n whatnot, but this makes sense, lolerz.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »