Home

is nfl HC 09 still worth it?

This is a discussion on is nfl HC 09 still worth it? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-17-2008, 01:58 PM   #9
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: is nfl HC 09 still worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp
It is well worth it, best football game I have ever played. The offseason and draft are fantastic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGKoul
HC09 is an awesome game, its the ONLY game I've been playing. And I've purchased FIFA09, NHL09 and Fable 2 and they are collecting dust...
Too true.

It's VERY hard to squeeze in my other videogames because HC is always demanding my attention. I've lost more sleep to this game than any other I've ever played, period.

I think I'm on my sixth season now...it's all a blur. LOL Still trying to get my first ring.

Last edited by Lieutenant Dan; 11-17-2008 at 02:01 PM.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:57 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 9

I just finished season 2 of the career I started last month. I was fired the first season after going 6-10 with the Falcons. I went 8-8 with the Bears in season 2 and I missed winning the NFC North by 1/2 a game. That's right, 1/2. The Vikings won going 8-7-1. So close. Oh well, my approval rating is at 80 so I get to stay on for another year.

I really still enjoy this game. I got Steven Jackson back for the last game after having been out for almost 2 months. Finally my running game was back on track and SJ alone had almost 150 yards rushing. I had a crazy injury riddled back field of Steven Jackson, Chris Johnson, Cedric Benson, Deuce McAllister and TJ Duckett. Thank god I am back to just SJ and Chris Johnson. Oh well, almost off season time now. The Super Bowl will be between the Bucs and the Pats.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:35 AM   #11
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by x1Blumpkin1x
I just finished season 2 of the career I started last month. I was fired the first season after going 6-10 with the Falcons. I went 8-8 with the Bears in season 2 and I missed winning the NFC North by 1/2 a game. That's right, 1/2. The Vikings won going 8-7-1. So close. Oh well, my approval rating is at 80 so I get to stay on for another year.

I really still enjoy this game. I got Steven Jackson back for the last game after having been out for almost 2 months. Finally my running game was back on track and SJ alone had almost 150 yards rushing. I had a crazy injury riddled back field of Steven Jackson, Chris Johnson, Cedric Benson, Deuce McAllister and TJ Duckett. Thank god I am back to just SJ and Chris Johnson. Oh well, almost off season time now. The Super Bowl will be between the Bucs and the Pats.
how'd you get steven jackson and deuce mcallister? it looks like you got some good rb's
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2008, 03:15 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

It's a very, very addictive game. I was really into NCAA09 but haven't touched it since Headcoach arrived.

If you like trading and drafting, rebuilding a franchise and turning it around then it's really a game you would like.

Calling the plays and watching your draftees pan out is really awesome.
CH2K8 - Florida Gulf Coast / Sacramento State
Old 11-18-2008, 10:23 AM   #13
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike2001
how'd you get steven jackson and deuce mcallister? it looks like you got some good rb's
Steven Jackson was an FA going into the 2009 season so I just coughed up the money. I wanted to get the Bears on a running, ball control offense. It worked well with him in the backfield, but the two months he was out I had to rely on the pass too much and it was a rookie QB so turnovers were no stranger to me. When SJ went down I was able to get McAllister out of FA. He was just sitting there available so I got him for the rest of the season for 900k I think. Deuce is gone now. Having SJ back for the last game was great. He had almost 150 yards and my time of possession was over 40 minutes.

For some reason I had lots of injuries with running backs. Chris Johnson, who was my 2nd back, got injured after SJ. So I had McAllister and Benson for a while. Then McAllister got hurt so I grabbed TJ Duckett off FA. Then he got hurt so I had only Benson and a FB for almost an entire game. Luckily Chris Johnson was coming off injury as Benson went on. November/December was rough for my running corps.

Last edited by x1Blumpkin1x; 11-18-2008 at 10:27 AM.
Old 11-18-2008, 03:07 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by x1Blumpkin1x
Steven Jackson was an FA going into the 2009 season so I just coughed up the money. I wanted to get the Bears on a running, ball control offense. It worked well with him in the backfield, but the two months he was out I had to rely on the pass too much and it was a rookie QB so turnovers were no stranger to me. When SJ went down I was able to get McAllister out of FA. He was just sitting there available so I got him for the rest of the season for 900k I think. Deuce is gone now. Having SJ back for the last game was great. He had almost 150 yards and my time of possession was over 40 minutes.

For some reason I had lots of injuries with running backs. Chris Johnson, who was my 2nd back, got injured after SJ. So I had McAllister and Benson for a while. Then McAllister got hurt so I grabbed TJ Duckett off FA. Then he got hurt so I had only Benson and a FB for almost an entire game. Luckily Chris Johnson was coming off injury as Benson went on. November/December was rough for my running corps.
Maybe the injuries are related to overusage?
Old 11-18-2008, 04:07 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 6

How good is your trainer, Miami starts with a train thats rated 14, almost half my tem was imjured at one point using moderate for subbing.
Fired the trainer and hired a much better one far fewer injuries.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2008, 04:14 PM   #16
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

Trainer makes a big difference...huge.

Also, don't practice them every day.

And rotate your runners during the game, mix up your plays so they get breathers. When they tire down, that's when they might turn the ball over.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »