Home

What is up with the Colts?

This is a discussion on What is up with the Colts? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-19-2008, 08:30 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 12
What is up with the Colts?

WOW, EA just has a massive hard on for the Colts that I can't even believe. I have played the Colts 7 straight times, by the time the 3rd quarter rolls around I am always leading and all of a sudden my QBs, RBs, WRs start fumbling, throwing ints that get returned for TDs and droppind everything left and right. Its unfreaking real. It just baffles my mind how in the hell every single time I am beating them stuppid turnovers give them the game away again and again. Oh did mention that they go undefeated for 3 straight seasons as well? *rolls eyes*

Last edited by Obelysk; 11-19-2008 at 08:33 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2008, 12:12 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 12
Re: What is up with the Colts?

Ok This is complete BS. I was leading heading into 4th QT until Manning engineered another drive the score 24-21 Colts. I HAVE to score or else I am going to lose the game. By now I have completely abandoned the passing game (I used the Bears) because my wide outs have dropped 7 straight passes because it seems that if the Colts DBs so much as breath near my WRs they drop the ball. The last dropped one being a 4th down play were the ball hits my TE square in the hands and simply doesn't catch it. Orton has completed a grand total of 3 passes all game long (one for a 15 yard 1st down, the other 2 are interceptions and 1 being returned for a TD ). I have 200 yards+ yards rushing because I have no passing game to speak off. My last crusial drive to win the game, i run the ball on 1st down and get 2 yards. Ok so I don't want to risk another stupid turn over/dropped pass so I come out of the goal line formation (20 lead dive) and the Colts come out of their dime formation. the 4 CBs are spread out and the safeties are playing deep zones, so it basically is my 5 O-line man, 3 TEs, FB and HB vs their 4 Dlineman and 1 mlb. I run the ball and they some how stop me for 0 yards. OK fine whatever, 3rd and 8, agian I come out of the same formation and the Colts come out of the same stupid formation, and again somehow they stop me for 1 yard. WTF?!?!? 4th and 7, no where near FG range, I have already tried passing on 4th down and the ball got dropped, I have already also tried a fake punt pass and the TE dropped it as well on 2 previous drives. So I go for the Goal line formation again and they again come out of the stupid dime formation and somehow their stupid 250 DT and 225 DE, managed to penatrate my goal line formation to stop my RB!!!! Are they F**** kidding me!!!!! They call this a sim??!?!!??! This is a F*** joke, in real life that undersize Dline and small MLB would have gotten trampled for 20+ yards on those plays, instead they blowup my line for another 4th down stop. I was so disgusted that I simply turned off my Xbox, what a joke!!!!
Old 11-20-2008, 11:09 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

I think that is more due the the fact the had to use the madden 08 game engine than what the HC sofware is doing.
Old 11-20-2008, 04:13 PM   #4
Pro

DreadedSteeler's Arena

OVR: 8

Yeah i've had a lot of fishy things happen against the Colts. Three seasons ago in the AFC Championship at home we lead 24-14 with just 2 and a half minutes to go...I thought I was going to my first Superbowl, but then...the Colts happened...28-24 final score, I felt sick, but I figure time for the offseason and we'll get 'em next year.

Fast forward to next year Steelers vs Colts in the AFC Championship Roethlisberger throws 6 INTs, which he had not even been close to all year, we also lost a couple fumbles and lost 27-24...Now i'm really becoming angry...but we'll get 'em next year.

Thankfully we did not get them next year as the Pats upset the Colts to set up the AFC Championship Steelers vs Patriots at Heinz Field. Third quarter and i'm feeling pretty good at this point with a 35-13 lead. Somehow, don't even remember what happened I was so PO'd, but it is now late in the 4th and we are down 43-35 and score the TD inside of a minute to go...but we fail on the all important two pointer.

Down 43-41 all we can hope for is recovering an onside kick which pretty much never happens and even if we do we are out of timeouts with just seconds to go. Well I didn't really see much of the play live as the camera was cinematic and all over the place, but by the time I got it adjusted my guy is streaking toward the end zone all alone and in for the score... we finally win 48-43, but it took a steel city miracle. We defeated the Vikings 41-0 in the Superbowl.
Old 11-21-2008, 10:28 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreadedSteeler
Well I didn't really see much of the play live as the camera was cinematic and all over the place, but by the time I got it adjusted my guy is streaking toward the end zone all alone and in for the score... we finally win 48-43, but it took a steel city miracle. We defeated the Vikings 41-0 in the Superbowl.

I didnt think you could advance an onside kick if you recovered.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2008, 01:32 PM   #6
Pro

DreadedSteeler's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamVinatieri4xsbchamp
I didnt think you could advance an onside kick if you recovered.
I was confused as it was happening since the cinematic cam is not so good for onside kicks (great for field goals though). What happened was one of the Pats up men fielded it, was hit and fumbled and fortunately once it was picked up there was nothing but open field ahead.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »