Home

Do you guys sim, supersim or play the games?

This is a discussion on Do you guys sim, supersim or play the games? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-10-2008, 07:53 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 15
Do you guys sim, supersim or play the games?

Especially if you are really good at the draft and getting gems, etc. I'm just curious if you either sim all your games each year, supersim, or actually play the full games?

Also if you supersim or you play the games, do you call your own plays on offense and defense or just cancel out each Play and let the coaches do it for you?

I always play my games and call my own plays but I'm wondering if it's being unrealistic. I don't want my RB to be good and have good numbers cause I'm forcing him to run (when he's not fatigued of course) just to get him 100+ yards a game and 1-3 TD's a game.

I want that RB to do that on his own based on who i'm playing, how he's doing, and all those other factors.

What do you guys do? Do you just sim every game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2008, 08:30 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 12
Re: Do you guys sim, supersim or play the games?

Well before the Patch I played as the Bears and played every game and went 11-5 and made the playoffs with a worst roster than after the update (Forte was like 74 potential and fumbled after every 5th carry LOL). Rex Grossman was my best QB (69 potential) and I got him to have 42 TDs and 34 ints that season. After the update I started all over again and simmed my first season and went 4-12 LOL, with a better roster mind you. 2 of the wins that I got was because I actually played the Colts and Bucs and beat them by callling my own plays but than I was bored and simmed the season. Unless your coaches are really good at calling plays you will most likely lose A LOT of winnable games.
Old 12-10-2008, 08:41 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

If u sim, you lose... no if, and or but about it. I simmed one season just to experiment and I went 5 and 11 when I simmed.

Then, I wnt back and played the sim (seperate save file) and I went... wait for it.... 16-0 (the current season I am on with the Fins, 3rd season). I call both Offense and Defense and while I have had some close games, I have won them all. Supersim is worse than simming IMO and should eb avoided.

The funny thing is, when I was simming, my vertical attack suffered but my ground game was better yet when I played the games, My ground game was still good but on average I had 15 to 20 less yards per game but my Rush attempts were about 30% more.

I really, really don't understand the AI when simming so that's why I play all of mine.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:58 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 12

I play my games, but I let my coordinators call the plays. If their playcalling is ineffective and we start losing the game, then I will take over playcalling and see if I can do any better. And then if I'm getting blown out no matter what we do, I will sometimes supersim to the end of the game just to get it over with quicker.
Old 12-11-2008, 02:01 PM   #5
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

I play all the games...have only simmed two games over six seasons...and one was by accident because I was too slow on the gameday ticker LOL. But it was a good result so kept it.

On offense I call 99% of the plays.

On defense, I used to call the plays, but now I trust my DC implicitly to call the def so I just "B" button on defense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2008, 02:05 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 18

I play all my games and call everything on offense. I usually start the games calling all the defensive plays as well but sometimes when it seems that nothing I call works I'll just dismiss the playcalls for a while and see how my coordinator does. Sometimes it works out, other times not so much.
Old 12-11-2008, 03:31 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 6

I do some of all, I simmed and super simme dmuch of my 1st 2 seasons, you need to have the playcalling and adjustments of your HC or both the OC and DC up to level 4 or 5 to sim effectively.
Made the superbowl season 2 with Miami simming/suppersimming 95% of the games. Lost the SB to Tampa 24-23 simmed.

I am playing more games now for a change and play most of the game super sim some of it.
Old 12-11-2008, 04:04 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 8

I plan to play and sim

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »