Home

Old 12-30-2008, 04:38 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Trades

Is it possible to trade players straight up, or can you only trade draft picks? I do occasionally get teams trading away second stringers, but not enough or good enough for me to trade with them. I ask this because when the trade negotiation screen comes up, it notifies you what the other team is looking for; I usually have extra of the players they are looking for and even decent extras at that, but the team only wants to trade draft pick!! Please, somebody help!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2008, 04:42 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Trades

put the players on the trade block. The team will only include your players in the trade package if they're on the trade block.
Old 12-30-2008, 04:50 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Thanks...I just wish it were possible to trade heads up with another team rather than having to deal with all the draft pick trades
Old 12-31-2008, 12:46 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhunt26
Thanks...I just wish it were possible to trade heads up with another team rather than having to deal with all the draft pick trades
Blame josh looman it was his idea honestly.
Old 12-31-2008, 09:54 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantgetright69
Blame josh looman it was his idea honestly.
This is pretty realistic, how many straight up, player for player trades do you see in the NFL that does not involve draft picks?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2008, 10:03 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6

I've been able to do a player for player trade. But like cynic_13 said before they have to be on the trading block and they also have to like the player you are trying to trade them.
Old 12-31-2008, 10:35 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

There is a few ways to trade.

Put any players you would trade away on your block. Then go to trade for option and select any player on any team (even players not listed on the CPU trade block) your interested in. If there is someone or a combination of players or picks the CPU would want for you you can trade for that player, if not it will say put more players on the trade block.

Another way is to put a player on the trade block, once you do that click on him again and click trade player and you'll see the CPU offer you picks (mostly pick) for that player. Option 1 is the best way to get a player you want.

hope that helps
Old 12-31-2008, 10:40 AM   #8
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbomb1upc
I've been able to do a player for player trade. But like cynic_13 said before they have to be on the trading block and they also have to like the player you are trying to trade them.
I actually just pulled off my first trade today and it was player for player. The Titans traded me Bo Scaife for one of my backup DTs, and seeing that Robert Royal is my started TE (62 overall I believe), it was a no-brainer for me.

Of course as soon as I made the deal, Marcus Stroud (90 overall) went down for 4-6 weeks. Hopefully he'll be back by Week 2 of the regular season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »