Home

Old 01-03-2009, 11:43 AM   #1
MVP

Hammerhunker's Arena

OVR: 22
Envious

I sure wish I could be as passionate about this game as so many of you on here. I literally get a headache everytime I try to play this game because of its slowness, cumbersomeness, and unrealistic results. This game was my last hope since Madden and NCAA disappointed me to no end. I can see how this game "could" be dynamic but it just falls short. I wish I knew what everyone does to make this game as special as they make it out to be.

I'm not a trollin, just wanting some inspiration.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2009, 12:33 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: Envious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerhunker
I sure wish I could be as passionate about this game as so many of you on here. I literally get a headache everytime I try to play this game because of its slowness, cumbersomeness, and unrealistic results. This game was my last hope since Madden and NCAA disappointed me to no end. I can see how this game "could" be dynamic but it just falls short. I wish I knew what everyone does to make this game as special as they make it out to be.

Hammer, I hear you man.

I came back to HC and gave it one more chance. There are some things that really bug me, like:
  • My DC not calling the right personnel when on defense.
  • OL is always cutting DL down on pass plays.
  • My OC calls the same 4 plays over and over, and over.
  • CPU opponent doesn't sub their players.
What I did was set the sliders to 40/40 to take the edge off the players. When on default players are on steriods, especially the LB's. Players are herky, jerky in their movements. By setting the sliders at 40/40, except RBA 45/45 and INT 48/48, it smooths out the game alittle.

Check out my Franchise thread (Detroit Lions) and see the game stats. Let me know what you think.

I've been going back and forth with HC and ESPN2K5 with a franchise.

I hope this helps.

Last edited by claystone; 01-03-2009 at 12:43 PM.
Old 01-03-2009, 12:59 PM   #3
Pro

Yeah this game is broken, i have 2 franchises and now I can't play either one because one always freezes right before I am about to play the Colts. I am not sure why it freezes but it does it every single time and I am not sure why. Than I can't play the other one because some time during the game it will tell me that it can't read the disk. sigh
Old 01-03-2009, 01:49 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

I heard that the game runs a lot faster/smoother if you install the game to your HD.
Old 01-03-2009, 01:49 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:

Slowness is resolved with a simple install of the game to your Xbox HD. The interface is cumbersome, yes, but it is no where near as bad as some games I have played.

Unrealistic results... hell, that's just football dude. I mean, think of how many crazy *** games we have seen this season alone! If u actually sit down before u play your career and come up with what type of schemes u wanna run (Vertical Passing, West Coast, Run Heavy, Blitzing, Zone Coverage, etc) then u can tailor your team for your play style and make the best of the game.

Does it have short comings.... no arguements there.. but for all the holes in it there is still a beautiful game that I have enjoyed for the past 4 to 5 months and continue to enjoy.

My advice... Try out a career with the Lions, Dolphins or Falcons and see if u can do better or improve on what they did this season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2009, 02:39 PM   #6
MVP

Hammerhunker's Arena

OVR: 22

Unrealistic...here is an example that has happened to me: 6 straight holding calls on a punt. Went from 4th and 5 to 4th and 54 before I shut the dang thing off.

As far as downloading to the harddrive, I have a PS3, and I don't think I can do that...or can I? The slowness problem for me is the ticker being about 2 plays behind.

Thanks so far for the suggestions. I will try it again because I am a fool for football...and it is snowing...and the first playoff game doesn't start for a couple of more hours
Old 01-03-2009, 03:08 PM   #7
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Unrealistic...here is an example that has happened to me: 6 straight holding calls on a punt. Went from 4th and 5 to 4th and 54 before I shut the dang thing off.

As far as downloading to the harddrive, I have a PS3, and I don't think I can do that...or can I? The slowness problem for me is the ticker being about 2 plays behind.

Thanks so far for the suggestions. I will try it again because I am a fool for football...and it is snowing...and the first playoff game doesn't start for a couple of more hours
I have never seen anything like 6 straight holding calls or anything like that.

My results have all been within believable ranges and I've had a blast with the game. To each their own however.

It sucks the PS3 doesn't have the install to HD option. It really has made the game a lot less cumbersome, and faster to play.
Old 01-03-2009, 03:18 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougSupreme
I heard that the game runs a lot faster/smoother if you install the game to your HD.
I have it installed on my hard drive and it still freezes or can't "read the disk" during like 2 or 3rd quarter.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »