Home

Best teams to rebuild?

This is a discussion on Best teams to rebuild? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-02-2009, 10:59 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 7
Best teams to rebuild?

Which are your top 5 best teams to rebuild in this game?

Only teams I have rebuilt so far are the texans and the lions. I'm looking for another team to rebuild and was thinking about going with the dolphins. So let me know which teams you guys like to rebuild and for what reasons like lots of cap space or high draft pick in early offseason.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2009, 11:31 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Best teams to rebuild?

Bears-

Start from preseason since they will have already signed briggs, so you have Briggs, Urlacher, Harris, Vasher, and Tillman set in stone for 3 years. Forte, Steltz, Earl Bennet, and Olsen all have high potential grades. You really just need to get a QB and some coaches to develop him and you can really start seeing results in a year or two.

I would also offer

Bengals
Raiders - start in offseason, Mcfadden is injury prone, avoid him
Bills
Broncos
Seahawks- dismantle the team
Old 01-03-2009, 02:22 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 15

Raiders
Bengals
Seahawks
49ers
Rams

MLB: Detroit Tigers
NCAAFB: Michigan Wolverines
NFL: New York Giants/Detroit Lions
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA: Detroit Pistons
NCAABB: Oakland University Golden Grizzlies

Old 01-03-2009, 10:03 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

i havent done this yet, but try the redskins. although they're kind of talented they are by far the worst team in their division in this game
Old 01-03-2009, 01:46 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

I love the Cheifs in this format!! Not only do you get 2 first round and 3 third round picks by default, you have Wesley Britt as a RFA, can get a second for him. You can also put Tony Gonzalez on the trade block, and Atlanta will give you the 3rd overall pick and a 7th round pick. If you set your philosophy right, you can have 55+million in cap, a few good players to build on, and a ton of draft picks.

Rd1-3
Rd2-2
Rd3-3
Rd4-1
Rd5-2
Rd6-3
Rd7-2

Surely you can't go wrong with that many picks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2009, 02:29 PM   #6
Pro

kwpit79's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksbraswell
I love the Cheifs in this format!! Not only do you get 2 first round and 3 third round picks by default, you have Wesley Britt as a RFA, can get a second for him. You can also put Tony Gonzalez on the trade block, and Atlanta will give you the 3rd overall pick and a 7th round pick. If you set your philosophy right, you can have 55+million in cap, a few good players to build on, and a ton of draft picks.

Rd1-3
Rd2-2
Rd3-3
Rd4-1
Rd5-2
Rd6-3
Rd7-2

Surely you can't go wrong with that many picks.
Yeah, KC has to be the easiest of the crap teams to rebuild, just with the cap room and number of draft picks given to you. But you have to win pretty quickly.

I went 7-9 my first year with an awful team (traded most of my 1-3rd round picks for next years draft (giving me 17 picks, 14 of them in rounds 1-4, lol), so I didn't improve me team much from the start. Lucky for me, I saved it before the 17th game. My owner tried firing me! So I went back and won the last game to go 8-8 and just barely saved my job.
Old 01-03-2009, 06:01 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

I second the Redskins suggestion for a couple of reasons:

1. Most of their talent comes from older players. They tend to get injured more often, so even though you have some players with good ratings, a lot of times they play less than steller due to fatigue or health issues. You will have to draft young players at key positions because some of the older players just won't cut it regardless of ratings. This is in spite of having a decent trainer, unlike some of the unrealistic trainers for other teams (Like the Cheifs, whose trainer is a 1 overall)

2. Cap problems. You have some big money contracts tied up in older or very average players. It's not enough to be a killer, but it will keep you from just going wild in free agency the first few years. If you want a gradual rebuilding scenario you can get that with the Skins. You'll be heavily dependanty on draft choices.

3. As already stated, you will be in a killer division. I went through a couple years, got the Skins to 10-6 and finished last in the division.

Basically, I like the Skins because they have enough talent to win some games to keep you from getting too frustrated while at the same time the division and age/cap issues makes it more of a fight to actually get a playoff spot even once you build a good team.
Old 01-03-2009, 07:58 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwpit79
Yeah, KC has to be the easiest of the crap teams to rebuild, just with the cap room and number of draft picks given to you. But you have to win pretty quickly.

I went 7-9 my first year with an awful team (traded most of my 1-3rd round picks for next years draft (giving me 17 picks, 14 of them in rounds 1-4, lol), so I didn't improve me team much from the start. Lucky for me, I saved it before the 17th game. My owner tried firing me! So I went back and won the last game to go 8-8 and just barely saved my job.
I can usually go 8-8 to 10-6 in the first year with Croyle as my QB. I will usually pick up a QB and second HB in the second year draft. You have to be careful in a few years, as the salary cap may become an issue if you don't pay attention.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »