Home

OC & DC is a waste of time.

This is a discussion on OC & DC is a waste of time. within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2009, 09:28 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 12
OC & DC is a waste of time.

After playing a couple franchise with different teams, I find the OC /DC to be a waste of time. The reason why I say this is because no matter how high in levels your OC/DC are, they always seem to call a total of "6" different plays a game?!?!? I've master more plays on both sides of the ball, but they still call their same plays. This is very annoying.

In one of my Texans franchise, i was in my 3rd season, and my OC would call just "3" run plays, and i'm in my 3rd season?!?!? If the developer wanted us to call the plays, then they should have never allowed us to delegate playcalling to the OC/DC.

These are just things about the game that bug the crap out of me, and make me shake my head saying, what were the developers thinking?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2009, 09:40 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: OC & DC is a waste of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by claystone
After playing a couple franchise with different teams, I find the OC /DC to be a waste of time. The reason why I say this is because no matter how high in levels your OC/DC are, they always seem to call a total of "6" different plays a game?!?!? I've master more plays on both sides of the ball, but they still call their same plays. This is very annoying.

In one of my Texans franchise, i was in my 3rd season, and my OC would call just "3" run plays, and i'm in my 3rd season?!?!? If the developer wanted us to call the plays, then they should have never allowed us to delegate playcalling to the OC/DC.

These are just things about the game that bug the crap out of me, and make me shake my head saying, what were the developers thinking?
Interesting. I never let them call plays other than special teams, so I never have this problem. OC and DC does have a big effect on other things. My offense has gone to crap since Martz left, and my D wasn't beastly until I promoted Singletary.
Old 01-06-2009, 02:50 PM   #3
Rookie

duke41's Arena

OVR: 4

anybody know how to can your coaches, just got the game for christmas and have figured out everything except that.
Old 01-06-2009, 03:36 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

At the end of each season your owner recommends who he wants you to retain or give the nine ten jack. Its then up to you to release or retain all your staff.

Sadly the coach hiring system isnt ideal though so dont get too excited.
Old 01-06-2009, 04:30 PM   #5
Rookie

Me personally i do it all. I call all plays except for the Kickoff. I like to be in controll of everything. So thats what i do. Be careful when u want them to pick the plays though. Once i failed to convert a 3rd down. And When play call came up i hit (B) Instead of punting, they kicked a fieldgoal. I missed it, and ended up losing the game by 1. That FG was "THE" turing point in that game. Ever since then i call all plays. With the exception of Kickoffs. I even choose to do the extra point myself. dont trust my coaces play calling.

Another thing you want to look at. Each coach has skills like playcalling, stragety, and performance. All of this matters. believe it or not. The Better the coaches play calling, the better plays he calls. and not the same 10 plays. It costs alot of skill points, but for those of u that delagate the play calling to ur coordinators, its worts buying those skills. If ur like me, and u urself call the plays, use the skill points for something thats worth it. Why buy one of ur coaches the playcalling skill, if they dont call any plays. Ur wasting ur time and skill points. Just like the stragety skill, if you make ur own play-by-play adjustments, again not worth buying. The only 1 out of the 3 i mentioned above that are "IMPORTANT" is performance. Try to buy all if you can. Very important.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2009, 04:55 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfcdragons
At the end of each season your owner recommends who he wants you to retain or give the nine ten jack. Its then up to you to release or retain all your staff.

Sadly the coach hiring system isnt ideal though so dont get too excited.
So you can fire your coach and keep the same team for the franchise? So I will not have to start all over again if I get fired?
Old 01-06-2009, 08:31 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenage
So you can fire your coach and keep the same team for the franchise? So I will not have to start all over again if I get fired?
If your coach gets fired then you are fired. You "May" get picked up by another team.....
Old 01-07-2009, 05:49 PM   #8
Rookie

I see. Thanks Terribletowels.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »