Home

Weird issues with team and dead weight

This is a discussion on Weird issues with team and dead weight within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-06-2009, 01:18 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Weird issues with team and dead weight

The past 2 years when the season is over I keep getting the pop up to cut certain dead weight players. Well the people they want me to cut is crazy!! I have 27 mil in cap room and they want me to cut Jake Long who is making 3.2 mil and is the best LT in the game?? why!!! Also they want me to cut my second year CB who is a 88 with 94 potential making 1.4 mil, just and the best of the bunch they want me to cut Ozzie Jones who is making 2.3 million and is my starting RB??? does this not seem a bit off to people?? especially since i have 27 million in cap room this year and 45 for the following year?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2009, 04:33 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Weird issues with team and dead weight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylez777
The past 2 years when the season is over I keep getting the pop up to cut certain dead weight players. Well the people they want me to cut is crazy!! I have 27 mil in cap room and they want me to cut Jake Long who is making 3.2 mil and is the best LT in the game?? why!!! Also they want me to cut my second year CB who is a 88 with 94 potential making 1.4 mil, just and the best of the bunch they want me to cut Ozzie Jones who is making 2.3 million and is my starting RB??? does this not seem a bit off to people?? especially since i have 27 million in cap room this year and 45 for the following year?
Alot of that may have to do with ur Owners charecter type. And it just might be a problem with ur franchise.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:11 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyface12188
Alot of that may have to do with ur Owners charecter type. And it just might be a problem with ur franchise.

I have had this happen to me more than once. When it did it was once due to cap issues you do not seem to have, the other was most of my players were tied up in multi year deals so I didn't have alot of roster space available to add players for a 53 man roster. (Even though I was just keeping them incase I didn't get any good players, the draft that season only had 1 player I wanted or wanted at the position I would have had to draft them at.) The players it told me to cut were players that I would make money back up dropping. (Higher pay vs penalty) I just ignored them and took the hit, dropping from 95 to 92. No big deal.
Old 01-07-2009, 06:16 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 11

would it have anything to do with the abilities or personality of your GM?
Old 01-08-2009, 06:18 AM   #5
Rookie

I mean alot of what the GM or owner says i just dont do. its my team right? hell yeah. theres times that they want me to trade for a DE, but 1st hes not a 3-4 DE, and also, they are not that great, and they are aging. I do what i feel is right for my franchise. winning cures all. So if i lose 8 approval points cuz i aint wanna trade for or cut somebody OH WELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2009, 09:05 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

As long as you don't get fired does it matter what your approval is? Does it help with contracts or trade negotiations?
Old 01-08-2009, 04:46 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHound
As long as you don't get fired does it matter what your approval is? Does it help with contracts or trade negotiations?
Me personally i dont care much about my approval rating. I go about my business. u know. But if ur rating drops real low, like 4.....thats bad. u could get fired.
Old 01-09-2009, 12:17 PM   #8
Rookie

jweaks's Arena

OVR: 3

yep, happens a lot. Best thing to do is ignore their advice. DO cut dead weight, but make that decision later yourself. Winning games will keep your approval up more than anything.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »