Home

Finally Decided to buy this game-Raiders Dynasty

This is a discussion on Finally Decided to buy this game-Raiders Dynasty within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-30-2009, 11:13 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: Finally Decided to buy this game-Raiders Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABCfan

Awards
MVP-49ers QB JT O'Sullivan
OPOTY-Broncos WR Brandon Marshall(31 TD!)
J.T. O'Turnover for MVP???

Brandon Marshall also puts godlike numbers up in mine. One year he had over 2,000 yards and 30 TD.
Old 01-31-2009, 12:42 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

Haha yea, O'Sullivan had some beastly stats. And both arnaz battle and isaac bruce also did amazing despite their low ratings

And the Lions signed Osi Umenyora in FA(got cut by giants) to a huge 5 yr 45ish million deal. but their *star*QB kitna retired.

So heading into the offseason, my draft picks were
1-4
2-36
3-68
4-100
5-132
6-164
7-196

I did not cut any dead weight. Only people gone from last years team are the ones whose contracts expired.

I franchised Aso, and then dealt him to the Rams for 1-13 and an 2010 4th. That was my only move of the offseason, as I sat out the FA period-I didnt sign a single free agent.

Draft
So now, I had
1-4
1-13
2-36
3-68
4-100
5-132
6-164
7-196

I traded 1-4 to the Titans for 1-15, 3-79, and a 2010 7th.

With 1-13, I took Pitt DE Doki Somanu. Somanu is 6'8" and 325 lbs, so I am gonna convert him to a DT and see how that goes.

With 1-15, I took Notre Dame DE Caraun Lawrence. Ive read in the other Raider blogs about him(basically the only spoiler i used lol) and he seems beastly. Hes a really fast guy and has all high ratings, but according to Shefter he is one dimensional-he cant play the run. So either he develops there, or he is just a 2 down player.

I traded 2-36 to the Bears for a 2010 2nd and a 2010 3rd.

With 3-68, I took Brown DE Twan Hollings. He had solid attributes throughout, and I think he can be a good depth DE.

With 3-79, I took Wyoming DT Ryan Conway. He seems like a decent enough run-plugger, so I hope he can provide good depth at DT.

With 4-100, I took Minnesota CB Reuben Moody. Since I traded Aso, I needed a 3rd CB to go along w/ Bowie and Hall. Ill get the 4th guy via training camp.

5-132, I took Deleware State TE Sleepy Miles. My TE philosophy is blocking, and he was the best blocker available. Needed a 2nd decent blocking TE next to Miller since i run a lot of 2 TE sets. Hopefully he can make the team.

6-164, I got New Mexico FB Trey Barney. This is just to provide some competition for justin griffith, and barney might even make the team as I might carry 2 FBs-lot of I-Form in my playbook.

7-196, was Deleware OLB Trey Kingston. He had some solid physical attributes but not sure about his intangibles. This is more of a distant future pick, since Thomas Howard's contract is up in a few years and he will most likely demand a HUGE payday(the guy is a total beast in real life, much more so in this game). So hopefully Kingston might be able to adequetly fill in for a year if i let howard go, before i find his replacement

I then traded both of my 2010 7ths to get 7-222 from Denver.
With 7-222, I took Oklahoma FS Anthony Riggs. I noticed how the draft class had an "A" rating for the safeties, so i figured why not, its only a 7th rounder.

UDFA
Texas QB Brandon Franklin-Just to fill out depth chart, as i signed no FAs

Texas C Dee McCamey-I moved mario henderson to C, so mccamey also fills out the depth chart if he makes it past TC

Harvard OT Julius Russell-Ditto

OleMiss OG Quincy Graham-Ditto

Rice WR Jimmy Pittman-Provide some competition for some of my bench warmer WRs in curry and schliens.

Now I realize that I spent a lot on the Dline, so hopefully this draft can solidify me in that position, and in the next 2 drafts I can focus on upgrading the offensive line, as well as getting a decent complement to McFadden(fargas is soooooo underrated in this game)

Last edited by ABCfan; 01-31-2009 at 12:44 AM.
Old 01-31-2009, 01:36 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 11

They should canned Kitnas arse..... And dont do the dead weight a lot if ever. BIG cap penalties for some of the players. What I do is when that part comes up, for what ever player they want me to cut i go to the roster screen and pick to release that player and just look at how much it would cost to cut that player and i decide of off that number.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2009, 03:43 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

Caraun Lawrence is a MONSTER!!!

My favourite player in that draft is Notre Dame WR Dravannti Jordan. He may not be the best, and he may not have the most upside, but he's so freakishly talented and fits my scheme (Urban Meyer Spread-Option) perfectly!

Nice draft, especially with my Caraun Lawrence! btw, who ended up snagging Ozzie Jones?

Good luck with the Raiders bro, and make sure you ALWAYS check free agency come training camp! (like before the preseason) Sometimes teams will release some of their star players/rookies because of their cap situation. I know that's how I snagged DE Derrick Harvey. I also saw Gholston in FA!!! I just decided it'd be too unfair if I nabbed him, and I liked my LB core.

Hope you have a better year, but don't guarantee too much, or you'll be guaranteeing your firing come January

Nice stuff man
Old 02-01-2009, 05:32 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanROX22
Caraun Lawrence is a MONSTER!!!

My favourite player in that draft is Notre Dame WR Dravannti Jordan. He may not be the best, and he may not have the most upside, but he's so freakishly talented and fits my scheme (Urban Meyer Spread-Option) perfectly!

Nice draft, especially with my Caraun Lawrence! btw, who ended up snagging Ozzie Jones?

Good luck with the Raiders bro, and make sure you ALWAYS check free agency come training camp! (like before the preseason) Sometimes teams will release some of their star players/rookies because of their cap situation. I know that's how I snagged DE Derrick Harvey. I also saw Gholston in FA!!! I just decided it'd be too unfair if I nabbed him, and I liked my LB core.

Hope you have a better year, but don't guarantee too much, or you'll be guaranteeing your firing come January

Nice stuff man
i think that the giants scooped up ozzie jones and the cowboys got dravanti jordan. the WR who looked better than jordan to me was kammeon walker, and the eagles took him with their top 10 pick.

and im counting this as my "first" season since in the last one, none of the players were my guys, so ill be promising 3 wins again. I have a parcells like 3 year plan, so the year after my promise is under 500, then the 3rd year it will be over 500.

Ill post the 1st round and my preseason stuff and the final depth chart on friday.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:08 AM   #14
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

You can run a true spread option w/ this game?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 02-02-2009, 07:15 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshiznetno1
You can run a true spread option w/ this game?
Yep. Even in the Gator Heavy with the QB Blast (like Tebow) and the WR Jet Sweep (Percy Harvin). You can even do like a QB Sweep and a Jet Sweep Option.

I went into Play Creator and edited the QB Blast/Sweep and the Jet Sweep so I can

1. Get Dravannti Jordan (aka Percy Harvin) to be the QB on a QB Blast and QB Sweep (like what Harvin did at Florida). Nothing like having a Quick QB running those plays

2. Have a Wildcat formation. I have Dravannti Jordan as my QB and have Ozzie Jones take/fake the handoff. I love running the QB Choice Jet Sweep (it's called like QB Wrap or something in the Gator Heavy) with Dravannti Jordan and Ozzie Jones. The Wildcat and Urban Meyer's system at it's best!

Love it!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2009, 09:34 PM   #16
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

WOW!!! How did you guys find all this stuff out? Is it in the strategy guide or did I miss something? (Sorry for hijacking your thread)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »