Home

I suck at this game -- and that makes me love it.

This is a discussion on I suck at this game -- and that makes me love it. within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-27-2009, 09:28 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
I suck at this game -- and that makes me love it.

Suck is harsh, I really don't suck, but I'm not great (mediocre at best) and that forces me to play more. I'm in my 4th season with the Falcons and even though I have 10+ wins every season (including 12 in the last two) but I can't get to the NFC Championship. Not only that, but trying to resign my star players and a few key free agents has my salary cap in the DANGER zone.

After three seasons on Madden I would normally have won back-to -back championships and probably be undefeated. NCAA football I'd be undefeated and have a few BCS Championships.

If I don't win a Super Bowl this year I'll have to make major changes and I could see my job being in danger soon. That's terrific...that and the fact that I learn something new everytime I play.

I hate that this might be the last time the game is released. Oh well...just wanted to share.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2009, 12:23 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: I suck at this game -- and that makes me love it.

Agreed, but I do use house rules. In my third year with the Bears I went 16-0 (I had an easy schedule...opp win % of .450), but lost (badly) in the divisional round to the Cowboys who I beat in the regular season by 30. I haven't won a playoff game yet. Apparently, I'm Marty Schottenheimer.

I'm in the fourth season now and have a record of 4-3. My linebackers are aging (Briggs, Urlacher and Vrabel) and I'm going to be in trouble in a year or two.
Old 01-29-2009, 07:45 AM   #3
Pro

Step2001's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: I suck at this game -- and that makes me love it.

After going 16-0 in the regular season. Then winning the divisional playoff game & then losing in the NFC Championship game.

My second season is going along a different path. Dealing with new players & injuries. I'm sitting at 6-3!

The Defense is not tackling and they are bad on stopping the 3rd down play.

Offensively I have lost RB, Marion Barber. Romo has a banged up throwing arm. The Offensive Line has had it's share of missed playing time.

I just cannot get into a zone.

This is a blast!!!!!! H.C. 09 is what a football game is supposed to be.

Again, thanks to the H.C. dev. team!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »