Home

College Powerhouses by position *spoiler?*

This is a discussion on College Powerhouses by position *spoiler?* within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-06-2009, 05:55 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
College Powerhouses by position *spoiler?*

Ever notice that Georgia Southern churns out some awesome QB's who all rate like Drew Brees and have a nice 90+ potential? Or anytime you get a Middle Linebacker from VMI they tend to be a pretty serviceable LB with an 82-85 potential?

Anyone notice any trends like these for other positions...

And if any devs still read this, any stories for these quirks?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2009, 02:35 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: College Powerhouses by position *spoiler?*

I've been getting steals at QB from Georgia Southern. I groom them into starting caliber players behind Noah Wyoming and Andre Woodson then trade them for picks Matt Hasselbeck style. I don't even sign veteran backup QBs since I know I can get a QB good enough to not lose games for my Bears.

I haven't noticed any other schools churning out specific positions.
Old 02-08-2009, 10:36 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

i have actually found quite a few, and they are universal no matter what draft path you choose. outside of the VMI MLB and Ga. Southern QB here are some others..

DE from UNLV- available at the near bottom of the DE list (cant remember which side. almost always grade out 89-91 potential. if there are two, always choose the lower rate one.

TE from deleware state- always grade out as winslow clone and usually have 89-90 potential.

RT from UAB- usually 89-90 potential. same as unlv DE, usually its the lower rated if there are two.

FS from Navy- brian dawkins closne without fail. usually 90 potential

RB from Richmond- 86-89 potnetial depending on your philosophy

there is almost always a big 10 CB near the bottom of the CB list that will end up a beast. the school seems to rotate but i have found them from MSU, iowa, northwestern and purdue. it sucks when there are a few down there because then its a crap shoot.

WR from Hastings College or Fairfield- if you use speed wr philosphy and there is a guy from one of these schools sitting there in the 7th, take him. without fail 91-93 potential. also sometimes nc state and texas am have sleepers down there too.

im sure some of these potentials are philosophy based, but it helps to have a few of these up your sleeve early in your career when your GM doesnt have his scouting tree filled out.

still looking for DT and some concrete info on the CBs.
Old 02-10-2009, 01:20 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

In general, all players frm the service academies will be at worst, serviceable (low 80s). At best, I've seen guys with high 90 POT at every position on Defense and on the O Line.

I also keyed into that Deleware State TE "phenomenon". I have 3 TEs with POT of 95, 92, and 85. The better ones are both 6'6" 250, and the 85POT is 6'6" 255

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »