Home

Will there be any more Head Coach games?

This is a discussion on Will there be any more Head Coach games? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-19-2009, 12:01 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 13
Will there be any more Head Coach games?

I realize this game probably wont have an annual offering, but has EA ever said anything about another future NFL Head Coach game? Do you think there will be another one?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2009, 10:44 PM   #2
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Will there be any more Head Coach games?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthreemafia
I realize this game probably wont have an annual offering, but has EA ever said anything about another future NFL Head Coach game? Do you think there will be another one?
I actually do think they'll try it one more time. But not this year.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:51 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
I actually do think they'll try it one more time. But not this year.
Ideally Head Coach and Madden will be "merged" together for 2010 and we'll all have the best of both worlds. if you don't want to control players just sim the games, if you do, you would now have the choice to play all games! I'll keep my fingers crossed ...

Adembroski,
I have the collectors edition, but I honestly have never even put the HC disk in. Just can't get past the idea of not being able to actually play the game. Did you actually play thru all your games in HC and call all plays, or did you sim most games? Any other short list of tips for a Madden player relating to playing a couple seasons of HC?

I was thinking of messing around with it for a season or two just to see what all this HC talk is about (plus I'm way bored with Madden). I've read many posts from you relating to the positives of HC and thought you might have a few brief tips for someone wantign to try it out.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:56 PM   #4
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

To answer your question Steeler99...I was able to get through all the games and call all the plays during the first 2 seasons. After a while I was enjoying the offseason so much that I started simming through everything just to get back....lol....

It's really a different thing being on the "sideline" so to speak calling plays, and not actually controlling the players. If it weren't for some weird A.I decisions during the games, the on the field stuff wouldn't be that bad.

I know you were waiting for Adem to answer that, I figured I'd give my insight since I've played the game as well.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:58 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2thecore
To answer your question Steeler99...I was able to get through all the games and call all the plays during the first 2 seasons. After a while I was enjoying the offseason so much that I started simming through everything just to get back....lol....

It's really a different thing being on the "sideline" so to speak calling plays, and not actually controlling the players. If it weren't for some weird A.I decisions during the games, the on the field stuff wouldn't be that bad.

I know you were waiting for Adem to answer that, I figured I'd give my insight since I've played the game as well.
Didn't realize there would be sliders involved since it's all cpu controlled? Has there been a consensus on the most realistic slider set? Anything else that MUST be adjusted to get a more realistic game?

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2009, 11:03 PM   #6
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler99
Didn't realize there would be sliders involved since it's all cpu controlled? Has there been a consensus on the most realistic slider set? Anything else that MUST be adjusted to get a more realistic game?

Thanks!
Well there are sliders....Big surprise! They don't work....They make no difference whatsoever. At least from my experience.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:51 PM   #7
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler99
Ideally Head Coach and Madden will be "merged" together for 2010 and we'll all have the best of both worlds. if you don't want to control players just sim the games, if you do, you would now have the choice to play all games! I'll keep my fingers crossed ...

Adembroski,
I have the collectors edition, but I honestly have never even put the HC disk in. Just can't get past the idea of not being able to actually play the game. Did you actually play thru all your games in HC and call all plays, or did you sim most games? Any other short list of tips for a Madden player relating to playing a couple seasons of HC?

I was thinking of messing around with it for a season or two just to see what all this HC talk is about (plus I'm way bored with Madden). I've read many posts from you relating to the positives of HC and thought you might have a few brief tips for someone wantign to try it out.
I play 'em out, and now that I've gotten the sliders to work, it's been awesome.

I had a hard time with the concept myself, but I've been enjoying the fact that I can't control the action directly. Adds an element of drama that doesn't exist otherwise. Doesn't really replace playing the games, but it makes sense in this context, and actually adds to the immersion of the game.

Now, that's not going to apply to everyone, but it's ruined my ability to really play games for the most part:P It doesn't feel right controlling all the players. I play Be a Pro in NHL now because controlling everyone on the ice kills my suspension of disbelief.

As far as tips... plan ahead. If you don't have control of the sticks, that makes the mental side of the game that much more important. If you're only going to play a season or two, choose a premade coach because the custom coaches start out vastly inferior.

Oh, and find a good set of sliders. I should have a final version of mine soon.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 03-21-2009, 12:07 AM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
I play 'em out, and now that I've gotten the sliders to work, it's been awesome.

I had a hard time with the concept myself, but I've been enjoying the fact that I can't control the action directly. Adds an element of drama that doesn't exist otherwise. Doesn't really replace playing the games, but it makes sense in this context, and actually adds to the immersion of the game.

Now, that's not going to apply to everyone, but it's ruined my ability to really play games for the most part:P It doesn't feel right controlling all the players. I play Be a Pro in NHL now because controlling everyone on the ice kills my suspension of disbelief.

As far as tips... plan ahead. If you don't have control of the sticks, that makes the mental side of the game that much more important. If you're only going to play a season or two, choose a premade coach because the custom coaches start out vastly inferior.

Oh, and find a good set of sliders. I should have a final version of mine soon.
WOW, Your still working on sliders? Well if you don't mind, please pass them along to me via PM or e-mail, along with any other settings/adjustments you consider necessary ... I'd really appreciate it!

You've definitely peaked my interest now. I really like a challenge so I just might create myself as a coach and take over a team like Detroit, KC, or some other team needing a change of direction. I assume you can create yourself as a coach? If I enjoy it as much as you are, who knows I may just play it until Madden 10 comes out? I haven't even put the disk in so I don't even know where the game starts at (off-season, pre-season, draft)?

Thanks in advance for any info!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »