Home

Chargers - Year 2 - Need a Cap Challenge?

This is a discussion on Chargers - Year 2 - Need a Cap Challenge? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2010, 04:54 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Patriots Challenge

If you want to make the Patriots hard here is an option:

1. Force them to rely on the run with a completely different playbook. By taking away Brady and Welker as serious weapons and changing the style of play completely you make them far weaker.

2. Force them to play a Tampa-2 type of defense. Vince Wilfork is a 67 OVR in a 1-Gap style DT, Seymour and Warren are very underwhelming as 1-Gap penetrators. Adalius Thomas is a huge contract that much prefers being able to blitz to sitting back in Zone.

3. FA Give/Get rule. You cannot bid on a free agent that isn't from your team until one of your players is signed as a free agent. You cannot bid more than what that player is signed for.

4. No Aids. Don't use save loading tricks or spoilers for the draft class you get.

Converting over to players that fit this scheme creates several years of Cap Difficulty.

Ideally NFL Head Coach 09 would have a Fantasy Draft start mode so that I could play my favorite team without having it start insanely good, but they don't so I make due with this.
Old 05-08-2010, 10:05 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Patriots Challenge

YEah this is one of the massive problems with this game, any player over 80 OVR thinks they should be piad like perennial pro bowlers, and players with low production but still around 5-90 OVR think they just won the MVP. I find it hard to play the game anymore because you have to rely on the cheap late rounders. I must have done the 2008 draft a hundred times, becaus I usually go into season two with less than 10 mil under the cap. The other "complimentary" problem is that the computer gets WAY moe value for trades than you do. I traded for Calvin Johnson, the first off-season, and gave up a first and next years thrid. It was ok, but I realized that when I fished for trades for him the highest offer I got was a 3rd and a 5th,, effective losing a first rounder for nothing. I really wish they made a new NFL Head Coach and not JUST fufill cntractual obligations with Nfl Street or whatever...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »