Home

The good ole Raiders

This is a discussion on The good ole Raiders within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2009, 12:51 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 7
The good ole Raiders

Any1 able to move Jamarcus Russle, his play is really holding my team back, its just interception city, but his contract is HUGE. I am in year 2, and would like to make some splashes in free agency in year 3, but the cap room is just not there!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2009, 02:20 PM   #2
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: The good ole Raiders

I'm in Year 1 and suffering through the inconsistencies of Mr. Russell. He'll make some great plays and then throw terrible INT's or take big sacks instead of throwing the ball away.

The Raiders' contracts make it really difficult to trade. I tried shopping Hall in the preseason, but no one bit.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 04-27-2009, 09:36 PM   #3
Banned

See hall has played well for me, the problem is Russel and Javon. I just spent a TON of money on Philip Rivers in free agency, and traded out of the number 5 pick in the draft for denvers first rounder next year, and two 3rds, since i wouldnt have been able to afford a top 5 pick.

Russel is going to be riding my bench for almost 8 mil a season ouch!!!!
Old 04-27-2009, 10:13 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 26

May just have to ride it out with him as a back up
Old 04-27-2009, 11:17 PM   #5
Banned

eeeek! that 30mil signing bonus really kills me LOL!! Only Al Davis can cripple a franchise like that LOL!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2009, 12:03 AM   #6
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by damien6663
See hall has played well for me, the problem is Russel and Javon. I just spent a TON of money on Philip Rivers in free agency, and traded out of the number 5 pick in the draft for denvers first rounder next year, and two 3rds, since i wouldnt have been able to afford a top 5 pick.

Russel is going to be riding my bench for almost 8 mil a season ouch!!!!
No doubt, DeAngelo is good, I was just looking to dump some salary as I have almost no cap room going into next season.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 04-28-2009, 12:28 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

even if you could find a team willing to take on Russells contract, the cap hit would just about kill you from the trade. It's just one of those things you're pretty much stuck with until a few years when his cap hit comes down.

I took over the Raiders once, and basically bit the bullet, cutting every high level contract for low rated players I could until I got the message telling me I was about to be fired. I wound up having to scour the free agent market during the next preseason to fill out a complete roster, and even then I had several starters who were making league minimum and rated in the 50's or 60's at best. I barely squeezed in under the cap, and never even got the Cut Players screen in preseason since I was nowhere near the cut limit at any point. It sucked that season, but the next year, I was set up to make a good start on rebuilding. I figured I might as well suck badly for one season and get it over with.

Just for kicks, I thought I'd mention this Raiders draft story from one of my careers. I remember watching them in the first draft take Matt Ryan, and in the second draft taking Jack English with the number 1 pick.They were paying three QB's high first round money at the same time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »