Home

Actual Petition Letter for EA Sports: Please Read and Send

This is a discussion on Actual Petition Letter for EA Sports: Please Read and Send within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-08-2009, 08:40 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Actual Petition Letter for EA Sports: Please Read and Send

Howdy all,

I have given some thought to how best create a wave of interest that we, the gamers, can show or support of a NFL HC 10, or in the very least, downloaded roster content.

I am not the most eloquent person in the world. I am only a dedicated fan of the HC game. I guess you can say I am an eternal optimist. I believe that if we show EA that we will continue to support this wonderful game, maybe we can get some results.

Below I am putting in a letter to EA Sports. Please feel free to cut, copy and paste any and all of it. Email yourself to EA. Send it to family and friends for them to email it.

Utilize it in any form that will help the cause.

Thank you,

Jamy2008
__________________________________________________ _______

EA Sports
Customer Service
[email protected]

This letter is in support of your NFL Head Coach series. Mainly HC 09.

My hope is that this letter reaches someone who makes decisions on making a possible HC 2010.

This is not a knock on the beloved Madden franchise. I love that game also. I have bought Madden since the Sega Genesis days.

Your programmers who created HC 09 are true artists. HC 09 has the depth, quality and addictive factor that has been missing from the Madden series for many years.

We, the HC fans play HC because it is what the franchise mode in Madden could have been all along.

Madden caters to arcade type fans and I appreciate it for what it is.

I only ask that you do not ignore your sim fans who appreciate the ability to have a true draft, the backbone of any football game worth a darn imo.

Running a franchise has a different feeling that the button masher style of play that Madden caters too.

And sometimes you want to control that running back on that 80 yard scamper. For me I prefer running through the draft 20 times just to see how it unfolds.

In the tough state of todays economy, I honestly do not think that you folks realize what a money making goldmine you have in your posession.

If you did, you would be at work alongside the Madden team creating a product that is in demand.

Sir or madam, if you fall into any of these categories:

A. A moderate video game fan.
B. An NFL fan.
C. A fan of simulation type games
D. A fan of the NFL Draft.

then I challenge you to sit down with a copy of HC 09 for a day or two. See the possibilities of remaking a downtrodden NFL franchise.

I can honestly say, if you could find a way to have the game absorb pure caffeine and nicotine through the 360 thumbsticks, you could not make this wonderful game any more addictive.

According to EA Sports Peter Moore "In an interview with Gamasutra, EA Sports head Peter Moore says their internal figures show Madden 09 generated $135.5 million in the month of August, which is a 6 percent increase over first month sales of Madden 08 last year.

That is from an article on 1up.com http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3169857

135.5m in one month. I find it no coincidence that the Madden 09 CE,included HC. For myself I bought the CE just so I could get HC a month early.

I am not saying HC sold 135m. I am saying that you have a hardcore following of HC.

Long with that please consider this: Reporting its earnings for fiscal year 2009, Electronic Arts has revealed several interesting statistics. First and foremost, the company reports that it had 31 titles that managed to sell over 1 million copies and adds that FIFA 09, Madden NFL 09 and Need for Speed Undercover all pushed more than 5 million units. Spore sold over 2 million units and recently saw user-created creatures exceed 100 million.

That is from http://www.joystiq.com/2009/05/05/ea...ales-nearly-d/

At the point of that writing, Madden 09 had sold over 5 million copies. How many of those were the CE edition that contained HC 09? Thats alot of potential HC gamers.

If, and its a big if, if we cannot get a HC 2010, then please utilize the Xbox Live service, Playstation network and Nintendo network and give us, at least updated rosters to coincide with the upcoming NFL season.

You do not have to look far to see other companies making cash with downloadable content.

Fallout 3, GTA4, Rockband, GH. Downloaded content, imho is how you folks can make plenty of money.

I for one would gladly pay 20$ to be able to download rosters to coincide with this years draft.

I know quite a few people feel the same way.

I am not a computer programer, but would it be a daunting task to give us updated rosters?

If there are 100,000 HC fans in the world...I believe there are more, but that is just me, at 20$ a download...well that looks like everyone would be happy.

You folks could save money on packaging, shipping, etc. And in the process regenerate intrest in what imho is the best football game ever made.

Please get this is the hands of someone who can make this happen.

Your HC fans hearts and wallets are open.

Thank you,

Jamy2008

__________________________________________________ ________
Ok, there it is.

If anyone has any other contact info for EA or EA Tiburon in Orlando, please post it so we can send letters to them too.

If you feel the same way that I do, please send this letter with any tweaks you wish to make.

Let us show how much we love our HC. And that we want more.

Peace=)

Jamy 2008

Last edited by jamy2008; 05-08-2009 at 09:21 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2009, 08:58 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: Actual Petition Letter for EA Sports: Please Read and Send

Sent
Old 05-08-2009, 11:18 PM   #3
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18

Oh hey an online petition. These work all the time.
Old 05-09-2009, 01:07 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
Oh hey an online petition. These work all the time.
Oh hey look, a Cleveland Indians fan. How's that working out for you?

Those who can, do. Those who can't, troll internet forums.

Sarcastic barbs aside, I am a HC 09 fan who wants to see the product kept alive. I have sent letters to EA and am doing what I can.

You can help or chose not too, that is up to you.

For the record, this petition has the support of one of the lead designers of HC 09.

I am doing something. Will it work? I hope so. What does it hurt to take a moment of your time to let a company know that you support their product and want to see it continue?

Peace=)

Last edited by jamy2008; 05-09-2009 at 04:02 AM.
Old 05-09-2009, 12:31 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

Great Game! Had it since Christmas and have read around here for a while, but finally decided to register today

sent
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2009, 09:09 PM   #6
MVP

Clarke_311's Arena

OVR: 20

Give it up. It's already too late to work on a HC game this year and Looman's working on Madden this year. Maybe next year.
Toronto Blue Jays Fan
Philadelphia Eagles Fan
Old 05-09-2009, 10:26 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarke_311
Give it up. It's already too late to work on a HC game this year and Looman's working on Madden this year. Maybe next year.
No thank you Clarke. Apathy is not acceptable in my opinion.

I do not understand folks who accept opinion as gospel, but that is just me.

Even if you are correct and it is "already too late", what is the harm in letting EA know that we want the HC series to continue?

"Maybe next year"? Then let them know how you feel now, so when the time comes for "next year" they can have our collective support to influence the decision.

If you are not a fan of HC, why are you taking the time to post?

If you are a fan of HC, you took the time to respond to my post, please take a minute more and support this game.

Peace=)

Last edited by jamy2008; 05-09-2009 at 10:28 PM.
Old 05-10-2009, 05:09 PM   #8
MVP

Clarke_311's Arena

OVR: 20

I am a fan of HC, I'm just saying that there's 0% chance that there'll be a Head Coach 10 game. I don't mind trying to get a game in 2011 and I will try to get one, but there's no point in trying to get a 2010 game because it's not going to happen. Instead you should be campaigning for a NFL Head Coach 11. That's much more realistic and you have more time to do it.
Toronto Blue Jays Fan
Philadelphia Eagles Fan

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »