Home

Worth buying?

This is a discussion on Worth buying? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2009, 07:14 AM   #17
lav
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Worth buying?

Thanks for the reply. I just got a PS3 and may pick this up today after work. If you just sim, do you lose the feel of coaching? Or are you able to setup a game plan that is carried out when you sim?
Old 07-08-2009, 09:25 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

I think it depends on you personal preferences... for me i want to call every play giving me the feeling of having total control of what is going on on the field...

Whatever you choose have fun with this outstanding game !!!
Old 07-08-2009, 11:57 AM   #19
lav
Rookie

OVR: 4

Thanks. I'll see how much it is used and probably give it a shot.
Old 07-08-2009, 06:52 PM   #20
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

I'm loving the game, has taken a while to get the sliders set to where I need them tho, I finally got a good set that gives me realistic stats!

I play with the hometown Colts, currently 5-1 in my first season, losing to the packers in OT last game. Great game! especially when u get ur sliders set right.

As for calling the plays, what I do is just hit circle(ps3) to let the ai pick my plays on defense, and watch the play develop. If u leave it on 15min qtrs(preferably) the clock will accelerate so its nice. I pick all plays for my offense tho cuz I just don't trust the ai calling things for offense. Since colts are cover 2, most of the defensive calls are the same basic formation anyway, rarely blitz.

I will say u must pick prevent defense when called for urself cuz ai won't ever pick it for u, had cpu score deep bombs at end of half twice cuz of it. If u need help with sliders lemme know, I can give u a good base to start with that I've gotten to thru 6gms now of my season and tweaking the sliders throughout. I'm done tweaking now tho, found good set for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »