Home

Snubbed for Coach of the Year

This is a discussion on Snubbed for Coach of the Year within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2009, 03:48 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Snubbed for Coach of the Year

In my first year as the bears i won the superbowl. In my second year i went 16-0 and didn't get Coach of the Year?1? The colts were also 16-0 and Dungy got the award. This perplexed me since i had more points scored, more yards, more sacks and more interceptions then the colts. But yet the rankings still had my team in second!? I know in real life if two teams have the same record their strenght of schedule determines who is the "better" team but i am unsure if hc 09 goes by that same rule.

I was mad that i was snubbed but i at least had my payback. I beat the Colts in the superbowl 38-22 but it was really 38-15 since they scored their last 7 points in the last minute which i pretty much just let them score by playing prevent d. I hope that next year the colts are on my schedule so i can beat them before the Coach of the Year award is given out.

Have any of you had similiar situations?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2009, 04:46 PM   #2
In case you forgot...

mKoz26's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Snubbed for Coach of the Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by slacker2
In my first year as the bears i won the superbowl. In my second year i went 16-0 and didn't get Coach of the Year?1? The colts were also 16-0 and Dungy got the award. This perplexed me since i had more points scored, more yards, more sacks and more interceptions then the colts. But yet the rankings still had my team in second!? I know in real life if two teams have the same record their strenght of schedule determines who is the "better" team but i am unsure if hc 09 goes by that same rule.

I was mad that i was snubbed but i at least had my payback. I beat the Colts in the superbowl 38-22 but it was really 38-15 since they scored their last 7 points in the last minute which i pretty much just let them score by playing prevent d. I hope that next year the colts are on my schedule so i can beat them before the Coach of the Year award is given out.

Have any of you had similiar situations?
You may want to turn up the difficulty. Two straight Superbowls with the Bears shouldn't happen.

@CDonkey26

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
Yeah, she may be a bit of a beotch, but you get back to me when you find out a way to motorboat personality...
Old 07-13-2009, 01:05 AM   #3
All Star

rdnk's Arena

OVR: 22

1. Hal Ophammer (Bill Belichick) wins coach of the year the 1st year. Has happened every time I played.

2. They also rate the coach of the year based on your team's talent level. If your team is more talented that the Colts, but they had the same record, it shows that their coach is better. It also depends on the teams that you played. They may have had a more difficult schedule.
Old 07-13-2009, 01:48 PM   #4
MVP

Clarke_311's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdnk
1. Hal Ophammer (Bill Belichick) wins coach of the year the 1st year. Has happened every time I played.

2. They also rate the coach of the year based on your team's talent level. If your team is more talented that the Colts, but they had the same record, it shows that their coach is better. It also depends on the teams that you played. They may have had a more difficult schedule.
Agree except Andy Reid won coach of the year in my career in the first year.
Toronto Blue Jays Fan
Philadelphia Eagles Fan
Old 07-15-2009, 06:30 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

I thought there was only one difficulty? Also prehaps i'm just a good coach and i was able to draft some key people while controlling the cap. In my first year i bassically traded away all of my second year picks but i ended up having 11 picks in my second year b/c i was able to trade down and b/c i scouted 6th and 7th round talent i was able to find some gems.

The bears are a good team. In real life there defense wasn't good enough to win games, their offense wasn't what cost them in most games. In this game if you get the bears a qb and a hb you are set. As a coach i had to make up some creative plays b/c my lolb and rolb were in the 60s for their ovr so i would make plays were i could sub them out and therefore have better players on the field.

In my second year i was able to get solid backups for every position and i found really good rolbs and lolbs. The game says i have the second most talent in the league and my 19-0 run in my second year reflects that.

edit: actually the bears do need wrs to but they are easy to find late in the sweetney draft.

Last edited by slacker2; 07-15-2009 at 06:35 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »