Home

I Want to be Able to Watch my Training Camp/Practices

This is a discussion on I Want to be Able to Watch my Training Camp/Practices within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2009, 12:41 PM   #1
MVP

Clarke_311's Arena

OVR: 20
I Want to be Able to Watch my Training Camp/Practices

Not just necesarily watching them practicing plays, I would like to see stuff like WRs vs. DBs, special teams, short yardage situations, 9 on 7s, etc. I think it would be a good way to evaluate your team, especially guys like your training camp invites who you don't know about and stuff.
Toronto Blue Jays Fan
Philadelphia Eagles Fan
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2009, 01:34 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: I Want to be Able to Watch my Training Camp/Practices

That's what preseason games & rookie progress reports are for.

Personally, I think that would be the most boring addition to a computer *GAME* ever, but YMMV.
Old 08-09-2009, 03:09 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Overall i really love this game but i wish I could watch tape/footage of my opponents games. As you get deeper and deeper into your carear the coaches change and i often find myself wondering what kind of offense and defense my opponent will run. If i had tape of the games i could also see some mismatches and gain some insight about what other teams did succusfully and not so succusfully to stop the other team.

Would this be boring? Yea sometimes i don't have to see every play. If i could watch the tape in fast motion and stop and rewind when i see something that catches my eye that would be fine.
Old 08-09-2009, 05:22 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 26

I think videos would be a bit of a step too far, but more detailed results of the practices and more analysis avaliable of the coaching playbooks would be the way to go

Just call me Sanchez
Old 08-12-2009, 04:22 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

I'm not sure how much I'd like that sort of thing. I thought the whole idea of running practices and everything would be cool, but it got really old pretty quickly the way it was implemented in the first HC game.

I don't know, may just be me, but I don't really get into the whole "doing evry single thinge they do in real life" type of thing. I'm just not sure how that much detail could be implemented in a fun way right now. I did like the way you could tell a player how to play certain routes and so on during practices and the games in the first edition though.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »