Home

QB opinion needed

This is a discussion on QB opinion needed within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2009, 10:24 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 2
Icon5 QB opinion needed

Ok so this year i drafted kelly james and jake scott (late round hard to pass him up - 4 INTs on 10 passing plays last game tho :S) ... Kelly is already over 40TDs and over 4000yards ... second only to kerry collins ... yes it gets weirder ... collins plays for the raiders now who picked up darren sproles from me and who now is top reciever in the league...

Now the delema is that collins being nearly MVP this year is starting over our friend Mr.Jack English. Meaning this offseason I could more then likely pick him up to replace K.James (Pot94 or 96 i believe). But it would be starting all over playbook wise ...

What do you think? Ditch K.James MVP and pick up English as a fresh face? or stay loyal to the franchise QB thats emerged ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2009, 10:35 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: QB opinion needed

While I'm sympathetic to the drive to have The Best Players eVar, I'd let it go. You already have two world-class potential QBs on your roster, and you won't be able to afford both in the long haul.

As a GM, I'd pick the horse you want to ride from among those you have and ride him until it's time to replace. For example, in three years I moved from ARodg to Andre Woodson to Jake Scott with my Packers franchise, and I never started a rookie or rebuilt a starter's playbook knowledge from scratch (after year 1, that is). Mastery is worth having.

If you can trade for English without losing your current starter, I'd consider it, but even the game-Raiders might not be that dumb. Alternately, consider drafting or trading for Darius Pryor to develop as your Next Great QB. He's got plenty of tools.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:53 PM   #3
Pro

Kahuma's Arena

OVR: 17

No reason to get English. You already have James who's great. It would be like someone taking both Mark Sanchez and Matt Stanford.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:56 PM   #4
Banned

Well I plan to dump jake scott, and if i were to take english I'd trade off K.James.. Keeping both would be a waste of cap space
Old 08-07-2009, 11:01 PM   #5
Pro

Kahuma's Arena

OVR: 17

I have morals so if Kelly is doing that good why WOULD you do it? I mean, unless your not trying to be realistic, it makes no sence to get him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2009, 12:31 AM   #6
Banned

i think of it like the cutler / cassel fiasco lol
Old 08-08-2009, 12:40 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 26

I dont think you would be able to deal for him tbh

Just call me Sanchez
Old 08-08-2009, 11:55 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 7

It may have to be a few years later, because of the cap hit English team would take. If he was #1 thats a 25-30 mil hit after only 1 or 2 years.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »