Home

RB doing Spectacular in Supersim, can't get past the line normally

This is a discussion on RB doing Spectacular in Supersim, can't get past the line normally within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2009, 02:35 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
RB doing Spectacular in Supersim, can't get past the line normally

So im in the 2nd year of my Chiefs dynasty and what I've been noticing is Larry Johnson completely dominating in supersim, getting 4-14 yards almost every time. Once I get to actually playing out the game, he struggles getting 2 YPC on inside runs. I'm using the Steelers Power Run playbook, and my O-Line is pretty good. Ive got brandon albert (I think thats his name) at LT with an overall of 90 (92 POT), Jeff Saturday at Center (89) and then solid guards and right tackles all in the mid-high 80s with each having the run block philosophy. Is there any logical explanation for this? I thought it could be the RB coach (Nobody good that year) but it doesn't explain the dominance in supersim. It seems like every single time I run, a linebacker manages to shoot through some gap and completely wreck whatever opening I have, yet I havent even let up a sack this year, so the line problem seems to be one-way. Any ideas? Considering trying out the 99 RBA sliders to see if it helps.

Last edited by Gogey; 08-16-2009 at 03:32 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2009, 04:14 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: RB doing Spectacular in Supersim, can't get past the line normally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogey
So im in the 2nd year of my Chiefs dynasty and what I've been noticing is Larry Johnson completely dominating in supersim, getting 4-14 yards almost every time. Once I get to actually playing out the game, he struggles getting 2 YPC on inside runs. I'm using the Steelers Power Run playbook, and my O-Line is pretty good. Ive got brandon albert (I think thats his name) at LT with an overall of 90 (92 POT), Jeff Saturday at Center (89) and then solid guards and right tackles all in the mid-high 80s with each having the run block philosophy. Is there any logical explanation for this? I thought it could be the RB coach (Nobody good that year) but it doesn't explain the dominance in supersim. It seems like every single time I run, a linebacker manages to shoot through some gap and completely wreck whatever opening I have, yet I havent even let up a sack this year, so the line problem seems to be one-way. Any ideas? Considering trying out the 99 RBA sliders to see if it helps.

There was another thread like this about someones QB I remember ...

I believe the concensus was that the player simply plays better under your Off cordinator calling the plays from his playbook rather then for you and from your steelers book.
Old 08-16-2009, 04:47 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

By supersim I mean me just going into inside runs or whatever and choosing a play, not pressing square and letting it sim a play, so I don't think Jim Zorn's playbook would come into play, would it?
Old 08-17-2009, 12:33 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

The run blocking system in NFL HC is broken. I have Adrian Peterson and an O-line with 90+ ratings across the board (98LT,93LG,91C,90RG,94RT), Offensive Coordinator at 99 and RB Coach at 99, and still I only avg about 3 yards per rush, 60 yards per game. Peterson still gets blown up in the backfield like everyone else.

I've come to the conclusion that it isn't the players or the coaches, but the run game in the system.

The only thing that I can think of is to increase the run blocking slider to 99. I am skeptical about doing that because it seems a little bit like cheating, but at this point, that is the only option to getting a somewhat realistic running game going on.
Old 08-17-2009, 03:22 PM   #5
Rookie

Update on my previous post: I decided to tinker with the sliders and had my best game yet, rushing wise. I don't want to turn this into a slider discussion, as that topic has its own section, but ended up changing the blocking to 95/95 (user/cpu).

This allowed my blockers to perform to their level, but wasn't overly dominating, thus creating a realistic game simulation. I still was stuffed a few times for a loss, but it wasn't the "norm" that I was accustomed to seeing.

I also have my RB sliders set to 75/75, which eliminates the stupid jerky movements and increases RB vision. From these settings combined, I have found that the good players (O-line and running backs) perform well, the average players are average and below average players perform below average. With no changes to the sliders, everyone performs below average.

my game stats below:

Cowboys
Adrian Peterson Ovr 85 | 20 Att | 102 Yards | 5.1 Avg | 21 Long | 1 TD | 6 Btk
Felix Jones Ovr 84 | 8 Att | 42 Yards | 5.2 Avg | 11 Long | 1 TD | 3 Btk
Cletus Parker Ovr 74 | 4 Att | 26 Yards | 6.5 Avg | 12 Long | 0 TD | 0 Btk
Parrish Crooks Ovr 79 | 1 Att | 2 Yards | 2.0 Avg | 2 Long | 0 TD | 0 Btk

ProBowl O-Line allowed 6 tackles for Loss

Steelers

Willie Parker Ovr 86 |17 Att | 56 Yards | 3.2 Avg | 19 Long | 1 TD | 3 Btk

Average O-Line allowed 7 tackles for loss
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2009, 10:59 PM   #6
Rookie

Another boost to the running game is to sub additional linemen for TE's for certain run plays. I assume that the TE's blocking is calculated into the overall units performance, which leads to missed blocks and players running free into your backfield if your TE has poor blocking skills. My TE philosophy is Playmaker and blocking is not a strong point. But subbing the TE for a good OT or G helps my RB to get better blocking and more yards.
Old 08-22-2009, 05:46 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 6

I have been using Claystone's sliders, and I've gotten pretty decent results. I have noticed that the RB seems to get past the line of scrimmage much easier in the 2nd half!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »