Home

Stopping Payton Manning and playing the Cover 2

This is a discussion on Stopping Payton Manning and playing the Cover 2 within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-15-2009, 06:19 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Stopping Payton Manning and playing the Cover 2

Hi there as anyone had any luck stopping Payton Manning? Ive just won the super bowl against the colts 41-38 but Manning had 530 passing yards, I just couldnt stop him.

Ive noticed teams are starting to quick pass against me before I can get any sort of pass rush how do I get round this?

Also in my conference game against the Buccs my offence really struggled with the pass against the cover2 aswell as against the colts, how do you het round a cover 2 defence with the pass?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2009, 10:57 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Stopping Payton Manning and playing the Cover 2

You could check this thread (that I started) on anti-Cover 2 defense strategies.

As far as beating Peyton - have good press-man cover corners, good man-cover safeties, and bring at least 5 on pretty much every down. Throw in zone blitzes for good measure, but playing zone against the Colts is a recipe for getting your butt handed to you. Basically, have a bada$$ defense and you're good.
Old 11-23-2009, 03:36 PM   #3
Pro

kwpit79's Arena

OVR: 8

If I notice that my defense can't stop a team, I really start slowing the game down by running it very often, and taking the full 40 seconds in-between plays to snap the ball. That's what NFL teams do irl.

Also in agreement with the above poster - you're going to have to bring more than 4. Blitzing can backfire, but it's nearly impossible to get pressure with just four so at least you have a chance with the blitz.
Old 11-24-2009, 01:25 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

The way I stop Manning is to keep the ball away from him by slowing the game down on offense and with a version ofthe cover 2 and the fastest players i can find at LB and big hitting safeties. But then again my defensive strategy is bend don't break. Stops, Turnovers, or Field Goals. Doesn't really matter when you have an offense that can put points on the board and keep the ball out of Mannings hands.
Old 11-24-2009, 05:13 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

Have very good corners & Safeties blitz often, and in your prep work with you corners and to stop the QB. Seems to help alot.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »