Home

Forced Retirement

This is a discussion on Forced Retirement within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-09-2009, 02:27 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 26
Forced Retirement

Anyone ever have this happen to them before. I had released a lot of players prior to the off-season period. I received a warning that if I continued to release players, I would be fired. I released one more player, and I was forced to retire by my owner. I couldn't even choose to go to another team. It was explained to me that I was fired because I had stripped my team of all its talent, although I really hadn't. I just thought it was a weird thing to happen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2009, 03:15 PM   #2
Dibs!

Madman55's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Forced Retirement

Aren't you forced into retirement if your fired/contract expires and no other team is willing to sign you?

Old 12-09-2009, 05:58 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

You can get fired by cutting too many players. You don't even have to cut many, just enough to put your team in real trouble with the salary cap. Watch those cap hits closely. Most of the time that's why that message pops up.

And yes, you will be forced to retire if no team is willing to hire you after you get fired. This isn't related to why you get fired so much as it is to what teams are looking for a new coach. You can quit a team on your own and still have to retire if there aren't many openings elsewhere and none of those teams make an offer for you.
Old 12-09-2009, 09:27 PM   #4
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

I got fired for putting me team in salary cap hell
Old 12-09-2009, 09:55 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 26

I had plenty of salary cap room. I have noticed you won't have salary cap issues as long as your cap penalties don't put your salary cap in the red. My owner approval wasn't the best, and that may have played a factor. I think if your roster gets too low on players, it can happen. Forced retirement is a bit different from having the option to retire at the end of the season; it's just game over right there. Fortunately, I had sved before the offseason period, so I was able to fix the problem.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2009, 10:07 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6

If you were fired in the offseason after all the coachin ghires there is no job to go to, since all others but your former team are filled. In that case you would be a forced retire.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »