Home

who is the best player you can draft?

This is a discussion on who is the best player you can draft? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-20-2010, 04:09 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
who is the best player you can draft?

i was wondering who the best prospects are?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2010, 05:08 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 26
Re: who is the best player you can draft?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3396
i was wondering who the best prospects are?
Here's a good list:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-top-50-a.html
Old 01-20-2010, 05:34 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

I have honestly noticed that the best players you can draft are not always the ones with the highest potential and overall. I have noticed that D'Qwell Jackson produces HUGE numbers for me in the defense I run. I have no idea why but he does. He had 6 interceptions, 9 sacks, 4 FF and 4 FR, and he leads my team in tackles. He is rated a 78 overall in my scheme and is performing like a beast.

I try to ignore the ratings for the most part because I have seen that those do matter to a certain degree but with the above case it does not really matter at all. I have also tried other linebackers who have a much higher overall but I usually end up trading them because they do not have as much production as D'qwell Jackson.

I guess if you are looking for high overalls and potentials that is the place to go.
Old 01-20-2010, 08:30 PM   #4
Pro

edward_1385's Arena

OVR: 12

There are a few players not in the future 5o that can be as good as them... And yes there are quite a few players that play well above there potential in certain systems... The only problem is trying to find those guys...
Old 01-21-2010, 11:05 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 20

English is probably the best single player in the game. Beyond that there are several great players out there. I really don't go by overalls so much as individual ratings but one example I have is with my current defense. Even using the 3-4 blitzing OLB philosophy this LB I was looking at was an 84 potential even though I knew looking at him he would be a very good LB for me.

He was projected toward the end of the 1st round looking at the mock draft so I knew I was going to be in trouble for drafting him as it would fail the "don't draft a bust" goal. I am normally very picky about who I draft in the 1st round only drafting truly great players and despite his overall potential this guy really appears to be a potentially great player.

He only has about 80 for his max play learning skill which is probably a big part to his lowered potential but both me and my D cordinator (mike singletary) have skills to improve his leaning success. His injury rating is high 80s so no problems there. He has like 92 speed, 97 finesse moves, 95+ hit power, decent tackling, 90+ pursuit, high agility and acceleration and block shedding. The only areas other than learning that hurt his overall are coverage, like in the 40s, and power moves around 65 or so but as long as I use him to rush the passer almost all the time limiting his coverage time I project several 20+ sack seasons.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »