Home

favorite offensive playbook

This is a discussion on favorite offensive playbook within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-19-2010, 08:27 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
favorite offensive playbook

so i was just wondering what your favorite offensive playbook is and why?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2010, 08:39 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: favorite offensive playbook

Wishbone because with three running backs to account for usually the defense gets fooled pretty easily on counters but I don't run the option that much
Old 03-19-2010, 09:44 PM   #3
Rookie

i like the wishbone too but i wanted to try some new ones i havnt tryed, unique and intriguing playbooks
Old 03-19-2010, 10:24 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 6

I like the pistol in real life but the game screws it up and dosent line up a second HB up next 2 the qb like in shotgun in addition to the one behind him. And when they do they never give him the ball. I run the wing T for my high school team but the game messes it up with options and zone blocking rather than the traditional counters and pulling guard trap blocking.
Old 03-20-2010, 10:53 PM   #5
Rookie

cloudedskate's Arena

OVR: 11

My favorite playbook is the Steelers' Smashmouth. I am having so much fun with it in my 2nd season with the Bears. Dane Morrow is my QB and he only has 928 yards and 7 touchdowns through 9 games but my running game is on fire. Ray Rice is the starter with Leron James as the back up. Rice has 1044 yards and 4 touchdowns and James has 583 yards and 7 touchdowns.

My defense is also suffocating. I use the Jags defense and I'm #4 in yards allowed, but #1 in points allowed with 87 through 9 games. I also lead the league with 20 picks and 32 sacks. I really badly want to play the Raiders because they have allowed 55 sacks through 9 games and my defense would have a field day against them. Sadly I don't play them this season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2010, 02:34 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudedskate
My favorite playbook is the Steelers' Smashmouth. I am having so much fun with it in my 2nd season with the Bears. Dane Morrow is my QB and he only has 928 yards and 7 touchdowns through 9 games but my running game is on fire. Ray Rice is the starter with Leron James as the back up. Rice has 1044 yards and 4 touchdowns and James has 583 yards and 7 touchdowns.

My defense is also suffocating. I use the Jags defense and I'm #4 in yards allowed, but #1 in points allowed with 87 through 9 games. I also lead the league with 20 picks and 32 sacks. I really badly want to play the Raiders because they have allowed 55 sacks through 9 games and my defense would have a field day against them. Sadly I don't play them this season.
i use the same playbook
Old 03-21-2010, 04:31 PM   #7
Rookie

shadowman's Arena

I've been doing well with a slightly modified K.C. playbook. I've been surprised at how well I'm moving the ball, both in the air and on the ground. It's also a small playbook so there is a lot of room to modify it and the players learn it pretty fast. I'm using it with the Packers.
Old 03-22-2010, 07:28 PM   #8
Rookie

the steelers playbook is always fun. but what are some playbooks that are rarely used?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »