Home

Some Advice?

This is a discussion on Some Advice? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-26-2010, 05:53 PM   #9
Banned

Xaos's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Some Advice?

I drafted McFadden, and he's like a 93 in my system xD Traded up and got Ryan Clady , got Brian Brohm in the 2nd, got the DT from NC (forgot his name ) . Signed Asante in the off-season, Bernard Berrian, 2 other corners, Flozell Adams, some guards, traded for a center, and traded for Bradie Coyle. Working with 30k cap room isn't fun, my friends.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:16 PM   #10
Rookie

cloudedskate's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaos
I drafted McFadden, and he's like a 93 in my system xD Traded up and got Ryan Clady , got Brian Brohm in the 2nd, got the DT from NC (forgot his name ) . Signed Asante in the off-season, Bernard Berrian, 2 other corners, Flozell Adams, some guards, traded for a center, and traded for Bradie Coyle. Working with 30k cap room isn't fun, my friends.
What's your running back philosophy? Everybody has trouble with the Salary Cap their first time.
Old 03-26-2010, 08:47 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Hey guys. Just got the game, and just registered on the forum. (lol i'm late xD) But I'm the Falcons. I plan on trading someone for another 1st round pick, but who should I draft with the 3rd? I was kind of leaning toward Matt Ryan, but figured if Jake is there I should take him, and might take Glenn Dorsey. Your thoughts?
It all depends on your cap room. If you have a lot, go with Jake Long/Chris Long/ Darren McFadden/ Keith Rivers at 3. It'll take a lot of your cap space, but it will be much better on your cap when their rookie contract is up. If you have 20 million in cap space or less, trade out of the top 8. The contracts are much more reasonable out of the top 8.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2010, 09:03 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 6

Take the best player avalable and Pay Da Man
Old 03-26-2010, 09:44 PM   #13
Banned

Xaos's Arena

Forgot to save, and turned off the PS3, and got mad xD But it helped me. In the draft I got :

McFadden
Jake Long
Kenny Phillips
Brian Brohm
Andre Woodson

Had to do a good bit of trading, but what do you guys think of my very first draft class? I think I did good, except for the 40k cap space I have now
Old 03-26-2010, 10:14 PM   #14
Rookie

cloudedskate's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Forgot to save, and turned off the PS3, and got mad xD But it helped me. In the draft I got :

McFadden
Jake Long
Kenny Phillips
Brian Brohm
Andre Woodson

Had to do a good bit of trading, but what do you guys think of my very first draft class? I think I did good, except for the 40k cap space I have now
2 Top 5 picks and 3 1st rounders overall?
I sense a firing for Salary Cap Issues in your future.
Old 03-27-2010, 12:01 AM   #15
Banned

Xaos's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudedskate
2 Top 5 picks and 3 1st rounders overall?
I sense a firing for Salary Cap Issues in your future.
As do I xD Especcially since my GM wants me to re-sign Flozzell Adams and Michael Boley xD I just checked - we have a little over a million in cap space. Not as bad as I thought, But i'm sure its gonna rack up
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2010, 12:44 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 2

Did you trade away all of your picks the next few years to get those 3 first rounders??

You're going to kick yourself in the *** if you get the Jack English or Ozzie Jones draft, both are front loaded draft paths, packed in the first few year, and not just the first round either. You can get GOOD (pro bowl good) players in the 2nd and 3rd rounds in those drafts, so those picks are important too.

I personally try to make a point to never go below 20 million in cap space, although I've certainly... bent that rule in to the 10-15 mil range from time to time.

That being said, I like every one of your picks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »